Materials List & Terrain Features

BoscoM

I've long been puzzled by the logic behind what CA includes in the Materials List from certain terrain features and items. For example, it would seem to me that if you create a mowing curb or a sidewalk, it's logical to have the concrete used show in the Materials list. Of course sidewalks have no actual thickness other than height above the terrain, which seems weird. But even a square footage calc would be better than nothing.

But sadly, sidewalks and other goodies don't work like slabs and I can figure no way of making them do so short of resorting to slabs which of course, don't follow the terrain but are tied to the 0' height. It would be awesome to have a terrain following slab (if for no other reason that convenient rendering) that calculates in the materials list.

However, if you create something stupid simple like a garden bed, voila, mulch shows and is calculated in the materials list.

Am I missing a way of doing things here? How do others work through this?

Would also be nice if CA had a clear FAQ about what things were included/excluded from the Materials List.

you can get the sidewalk area/volume from the Polyline info in the Terrain Path DBX  but it multiples for 1" thick only so you'd need to multiple volume by 4" thick ?  

no idea why its not in the ML though.

M.

I did a few tests on a minimalist plan and gave the sidewalk a material of "concrete - test" (copy of regular old concrete) and blue. No show. I have all things checked to go to materials list and the layer was set to M.