sjalheim

Door in a railing

I've searched but the answer still fails me: when I put a door into my screened porch, it shows up the way it should... in 3d only. In 2d I just get the opening unless I click on it. Any ideas?

Screenshot 2017-11-16 10.01.30.png

Screenshot 2017-11-16 10.01.40.png

Screenshot 2017-11-16 10.01.58.png

You'll get a much quicker and more accurate response if you post the plan file.

Its the Follow Stairs setting that's doing it.  Uncheck that and you should be good to go.  On a side note, this should probably be reported to tech support.  I'm not sure there's any good reason it should be behaving that way.

• Upvote 1

That is really strange indeed , especially as there is no stairs (yet)  but I would check your default settings for Railings as Follow Stairs should not be checked by default for every Railing , it is used for railing on Stairs only usually....

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    THDesign
    Newest Member
    THDesign

• By blueriver
      I have a persistent problem with gaps in my porch ceilings in between the finished surface and the underside of the roof structure.  I know it has to be a setting i have wrong but i cannot figure it out! Current project is a barndominium with a gable porch. 
      Thanks in advance

• By DeckQuestions
      Is there a way to make the top rail of my deck railing rounded? 
    • By Sweeney
      Hey All, 

Is there any way to include the jamb width in a door schedule? For example...

Door Unit is a Marvin Clad Ultimate CUFD 3070 S LHIS
      Door Frame Size: 37 7/16" x 86"
      Door Jamb Size: 1 3/16"

Door schedule shows the width as 35-1/16...**37-7/16" - (1-3/16 x 2)** and I want it to show 37-7/16

Is there a macro I can edit to act more like the widow schedule preforms?

Thanks is advance,
      Austin 

• By Sweeney
      Hello all, 

Is there an easy way to separate interior and exterior doors into two different schedules?

Thank you in advance,

Austin 

• By ChiefArchitect
      An enclosed porch can be a welcome reprieve from the blazing sun in the summer months, and provide a protected cove during cooler times.