JNWArchitect

Importing Data

Is it possible to import data via a .CSV (or other) file directly into Chief Macros.

I'd like to use my FileMaker database to input the client / project data into existing and/or user-created macros within the drawing.

(i.e.: Client/Project name address, APN, Jurisdiction, etc.)

Is it done through Chief or is that something that RUBY would be good for?

Thanks,

I've done it for another user several times using Ruby macros to read the csv file.

That is what i was afraid of... :-)

How difficult is RUBY to learn? I have a smidgen of current  'programming' skills.

[I did take a bunch of now worthless programming classes in college in the mid-80's, but nothing applicable today! ($ well spent :-) )]

Are there online courses, books, training etc.?

Thanks for all the great support. I read a lot of the questions on here and you two seem to consistently come through for folks. Appreciate it!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Oilersfan20
    Newest Member
    Oilersfan20

• By JNWArchitect
      I have imported a PDF for use as a background in my drawings. Is appears ok on the screen, but when it prints out the background is very light, almost invisible.
      Is there a way to adjust the lightness/darkness and/or contrast of the PDF?
      Thanks
    • By tdroes82
      Simple question I think. I just cant seem to figure this out.
      How do I create a Text box with my plan areas?
      - When I use  %room.name%: %room.area.standard%, this gives me what I need. But I can not move the text out of the room.
      - when I have 2 porches, can I add the two areas together on another "total porch" sq.ft text line?
      - Do I use Standard Area Polyline? If so, what is the correct macro to read it, such as living area, garage, porches, etc.

I can use stand area polyline, and then add correct macros to the label of each. Then move the label to the side in a list. But is there a way to accomplish this in 1 text box, reading each area respectively. What about adding 2 porches into 1 total porch area?

Here is what in 1 text box:
      total Heated Living:   sq.ft.
      total Garage:    sq.ft
      total porches: sq.ft.
      etc.

Then I can send this text to layout where I need it. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks. Thomas
    • By TonyMM
      Hey guys, 

Yesterday I uploaded PDFs onto my layout and it worked wonderfully.
      After re-opening the program today the pdf's have resized themselves only showing half of each page. 
      Even if I delete them and re-upload the issue wont go away. 

Any ideas?

Thanks. 

I'm using X10. 

• By RGAID1
      I have added the Room ceiling height and the Room finished floor material to the Room Label to make a my custom room label. 

I need the ceiling height to be in feet (&inches) not in inches. I need the floor finish material to be the Generic type of finish (wood, tile, carpet, etc.) not the specific type of material. 

How can the label be modified to do this? Or can I change the way the room ceiling height dimension is noted without affecting my other dimensions? 

Can the materials be automatically noted as a type as they are found in the library rather than a specific material?
    • By RGAID1
      I have added the Room ceiling height and the Room finished floor material to the Room Label to make a my custom room label. 

I need the ceiling height to be in feet (&inches) not in inches. I need the floor finish material to be the Generic type of finish (wood, tile, carpet, etc.) not the specific type of material. 

How can the label be modified to do this? Or can I change the way the room ceiling height dimension is noted without affecting my other dimensions? 

Can the materials be automatically noted as a type as they are found in the library rather than a specific material?