TNBDesignOffice

Window Schedule Blues

Hi folks we are a new design build firm just starting out in Chief. I have a Window Schedule issue that I need resolved ASAP.....

Please see the attached PDF - I need W03 and W04 to be the same number. They are identical as I copied W03 to W04 location.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Jay

windows.pdf

The floor levels are different in the rooms could that be it? Anyway is there a way for them to have the same number? Thats what i really want.

If you do not want to post the plan, use Edit>Edit Area to copy a section where the problem is.

Paste into a new plan, add a schedule and see if they are different. If so, post that plan.

I imagine there is something different with the windows.

The test plan shows the windows with the same number, so it's of no use.

Look at the schedule in your original plan to see if the info displayed for w03 and w04 is actually the same.

Schedules will only group objects based on the information displayed in the schedule.  If the objects have the same data for all columns displayed, then they should be grouped together.  If any of the data for any column is different, then the objects won't be grouped.  The only exceptions to this rule are the schedule number and if you are displaying any previews in the schedule.

If all else fails, you may wish to post the original plan or contact technical support for more help.

OK Demot that was it. I have the Room Name Column Selected and that did it. The sample did not have room names so the numbers were the same. Wow wish I could get the room names and the same number for similar window types. Oh well.

On 10/13/2017 at 0:48 PM, TNBDesignOffice said:

The floor levels are different in the rooms could that be it? Anyway is there a way for them to have the same number? Thats what i really want.

I had the same problem with different Labels being assigned to the same window type.  Removed the Floor Level column from my schedule and it grouped/numbered them all by type with the same W#.  My window supplier will really be happy!  Thanks!