Terrain Perimeter Volume

Charlie

Is there anyway to get the terrain perimeter to show volume?  I am hoping to calculate the old terrain volume vs a new re contoured terrain to figure the amount of dirt removed.

Charlie

I think that is a no go.

volume would require "depth"  so I'm not sure how it would work ? you'd be assigning a random number to the depth ie would you use eg 1" or 1'  

and I'm not sure it would give you the "after"  anyway

It just seems that some how you could turn the terrain into a SOLID that would have a  defined  volume.  Subtract the before solid volume from the after solid volume and you would have your answer.  It ain't there yet.

that's because they'd have to "guess" at the depth to estimate it....is my guess

mind you look carefully , last small job my concrete pad was included in the exterior trim sub heading list.... :)

Probably be easier and quicker just to work it out manually , especially since Chief would only model the "compacted dirt in place" which is not the Trucked Volume etc.

For the time being until Chief lets us convert terrain into solids this can probably be done by exporting to another app that can convert surfaces to solids and work with it there.

I have been doing some things of a similar nature with terrain by importing into TurboCAD Pro Platinum and then converting to solids there.  So far I have mostly been working with things like trenching and sectioning the terrain into slabs.  That works fine, but I have not actually checked to see if the entire terrain comes in correctly as far as depth is concerned.

It would be nice if Chief were to allow us to convert terrain and also framing items into solids.  Maybe some day.