Complementary businesses or services for Residential Drafting business

jmyers

Does anyone have or offer, know of, or have any opinions of another business or additional services that would compliment residential drafting or design?

Home Inspection?

Real Estate sales/brokerage?

Construction Cost Estimating?

Energy Auditing?

etc, etc,?

I do know that many offer general contracting or construction management, but this wouldn't be good if your primary client for design/drafting is other builders. 

All ideas, thoughts, and opinions are greatly appreciated!

The company I work for builds a lot of post frame buildings.  These have all sorts of various uses.  I perform a lot of Construction / Material cost estimating for the different projects my employer takes on.  Often times when the customer finds out the cost of the project, it will make or break a project.  Or cause the project to get downsized.  Project cost and material estimating can be pretty time consuming.  Especially if your generating a really accurate material list and project cost based on the construction materials your customer is going with for the project.

• 1 year later...
On 2/4/2019 at 11:08 AM, DavidJPotter said:

Whenever I edit a plan or layout file, whatever the reason, I give it a new name, usually today's date so older versions are saved and newer versions are easily differentiated from older versions. This is practically important on remodeling and custom home projects were clients often say " can we revert to last weeks version?". Each of us can do as we please with our own files but there are practical reasons NOT to delete anything as well.

DJP

Sometimes this happens anyway.   Just sayin.