DCB123

Kitchen Cabinets/Dropped Celing/Backsplash/Valance above sink....

I need to know how to get my custom kitchen looking better here.

Any ideas on getting the ceilings lowered with a dropped ceiling of 11.5"/Valance over the sink/left

side backsplash to show/matching tile/size of the backsplash tile...?

If you think that you would need the file, then send me a text,

and we can discuss this?

DCB

Accurate Asbuilts & Design

(970)987-4476 cell

Email: douglasburgmann@gmail.com

Interior Kitchen Valance Shot.jpg

Interior Kitchen Valance Shot-1A.jpg

Interior Kitchen Valance Shot-1B.jpg

Edited by DCB123
content revised

I would use a soffit to lower ceiling over cabinet....it's found in cabinet child menu. To get tile on left wall just apply wall material region in section view or elevation view.

Drop the whole ceiling.  We live in a poorly designed tract-built place in which the entire main floor, every room no matter the size, has a 10' ceiling height.

Good design uses variation in ceiling height.  Only the largest rooms should have the high ceilings, in keeping with the scale.

Powder rooms go to 7'.  All hallways drop to 8', sometimes 7'.  I don't confine myself to 12-inch increments.

Our kitchen in this tract house has its 10' ceiling, and 36" wall cabinets, accented over the range microhood, the fridge box, and the wall oven stack with another 6" of height.  Upper shelves in these cabs need a two-step stool to access the space.  Not a good design, and silly storage.  

Try dropping the whole thing to 9', even 8', or 8'6".

• Upvote 1

You'll want a filler at the end where the door sits adjacent, to space the drawers away from the door casing.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Deller
    Newest Member
    Deller

• By Renerabbitt
      Open to new work. I've been working remotely for clients for years and can easily navigate the issues that present themselves from remote work. I have plenty of references and videos demonstrating my various services. The following images are snippets from my site at www.RabbittDesign.net

I offer training-while-drafting services in Chief Architect as well as training in Sketchup, Thea Render, Photoshop, Premiere Pro and Procreate.
      I tend to cater to experienced designers and drafters in Chief Architect, many of which benefit from and are quite pleased with anno/layer sets, library items, toolbars, and a more cohesive folder structure and .plan and .layout files. 
      A few hours of my service may cut hours off of every project you have going forward.
      Feel free to check out my YouTube channel dedicated to all things drafting, designing, modeling and rendering in my signature below.
      Take a look at some of my recent design work in the Gallery
      Also, take a look at the extensive Free Content Thread and continued free content YouTube Series:

• By Renerabbitt
      After Photo
    • By KAJORAD
      I have designed some similar projects in USA and I am proficient with chief architect. I will prepare for you in chief architect x9 or x10 x11 your design if you agree with price. I have my own design and consult company so I can give my consult base in my experience. I have in my team interior architect and mechanical, electrical engineers. I can prepare in any kind of auto-cad and convert and prepare them in CA   . If you want I can prepare a draft for you and later we can negotiate for price. Also i can prepare 3d of entire building. Also i can prepare framing and details website https://radaconsult.wixsite.com/rada-design-consult/about I will sent you example of my previous jobs but if you want to make a test a home free for you I will do with pleasure

• By JohnMFisher2020
      Looking for an individual to do a per job dimensional drawings of our jobs. This includes a layout and a 3D walk thru. Looking for professionals that can create video walkthrus and is very familiar with Home Designer Professional 2020 program..