Susanna

Limited Brick Libraries

Hi all.  Finding very limited brick libraries in materials.  Could really use more options. Thanks

Are you making a suggestion, a comment, or ...

11 hours ago, DRAWZILLA said:

Try this site, it's pretty good for textures,

https://brick.com/innovative-online-tools

I downloaded this tool some time back and it is great; some of the best seamless brick textures I have found. They do not, of course, have all brick designs, just their Acme products. That said, their selection is quite large. One of the greatest things it does is allow you to change the color of the mortar on the fly from several color variations. You can then build several course styles, such as running bond, and save the image as the texture. Very easy to use and the price is right.

I have downloaded this app but cant find how to import/open an elevation to edit.... would you be available to help me walk thru the first drawing.  My phone is 330 878 7037.  I am in Ohio.  If I cant answer I would call you back.  Thanks 

I put some brick textures from West Australia on the symbols and content section of the site a few weeks ago, some of which might be useful.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    B1k3rm4n
    Newest Member
    B1k3rm4n

• By Designer100
      Is there a way to add pre Mfg. brick to outside of the foundation above grade that does not affect the porches etc or parts you do not want it?

Newell Cheatheam
      www.newellsdesigns.com
      newell.cheatheam@gmail.com
      x11 
    • By JollyRoger
      Hello,

I am having some issues figuring out how to get my block crawl space to work with brick.  For example, first layer is the footer, followed by 3 rows of 8 inch block, with a row of 4 inch block.  This allows for about 3 5/8 inch for the brick to sit on.  However, I cannot figure out how to do this with my options.  I have no problem with the footer and 8 inch block, but how do I get the last row for 4 inch block with brick?  Is there a catalog somewhere to download 4 inch block to allow for brick?

Thank you,
      Jeff S. O.
    • By Stevenplane
      I tried Googling and searching the Knowledge Base to no avail.

How can I get a limewash to display on my brick layer in 3D view?

Thanks in advance!
    • By SNestor
      I'm just wondering if how I'm going about something is really the fastest and simplest method.  

See attached elevation.  All the arches and brick details I created in a CAD DETAIL FROM VIEW.  I created polylines in the detail view, copied to my elevation view, then converted to either a material region or a P-Solid.  Colored them as needed to look like brick or mortar.  Even the step flashing shown is made from P-Solids.  

It's all a bit time consuming...just wondering if there isn't a faster/better method?

Thanks!

• By GoojDesign
      Hello everyone, apologies if I was unable to find the solution for this in forums; I may not be searching for the correct topic. I have a building with an intersecting roof to a brick surface; the interior wall will be made of drywall and exterior surface above the roof of brick. Despite my best efforts, I have been unable to make this happen. I have tinkered with the knee wall settings along with attic walls, searched the help files for quite a while, but I only seem to be able to have brick on the inside & outside wall vs. the goal of sheetrock inside & brick on the exterior surface. 

I must be missing something elementary in this; I appreciate anyone who can help me.  After 12 years in Autocad, this conversion to Chief is proving to be a bit of a learning curve with the terminology.  Attached are two annotated images & a drawing file example of what we are talking about.

Kind Regards,

KC

Intersecting Roof to Brick Wall Example.plan