LOVdandd

Dissapearing deck

Maybe this has already been addressed but, can someone explain why my deck structure keeps disappearing.  I have attached picture to explain.  I can draw a stand alone deck and it looks great.  The minute I attach it to a building, it drops my the decks.  Labels, area, railings all there but no structure. What am I doing wrong, or is there a setting I need to change?

Thank you in advance,

Nestor

Sect1.jpg

Sect2.jpg

That will happen when you loose room definition.  You need to make sure you have a positive connection to the building to form the room with a forth wall shared with the house.  If you are having difficulties and it is not that simple you can always post your plan file and someone will usually take a look for you.

Just check this box

deck check.PNG

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kBdesignND
    Newest Member
    kBdesignND

• By BusinessBuilder
      MG Construction & Decks is looking to hire an architect or construction designer for exterior remodeling. We are running a contest to hire one talented individual to join our team. We want this competition to be fair. Selecting a winner is simple, we will submit everyone’s work to our Instagram account, whoever gets the most likes on their design will win $1,000 and an internship to work for us part time or full time (depending on the quality of ongoing work). The winner will be able to work remotely and/or have an opportunity to come work at our Los Angeles office.
      CONTENDERS – WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
      We are providing limited information for the contest itself because we want to see how creative you can be.
      Create a 3D design that fits the following backyard image and email us (Email Subject: Contest Submission – Your Name) by clicking here.
      CLOSING DATE & ANNOUNCEMENTS
      All submissions must be submitted by February 15th and the winner will be announced Febuary 15th on our Instagram account.
      MG Construction & Decks is located in Los Angeles, California and specializes in exterior remodeling, interior remodeling and Deck Building.

https://mgcdecks.com/deckbuilding/2019-exterior-outdoor-deck-design-competition/
    • By EdEmery12
      I designed a custom column and need to use it in the railing on a deck/screened in porch but a can not find it.   The program Chief 10x will not let me open user catalog only 
      the core catalog, bonus and manufacture.  is there a special way i need to save the column?  
    • By SNestor
      Attached is a 10 min video showing how to make a face mounted deck rail supported by newels.  This is something the guru's already know...but, maybe good for those just beginning to wade into symbols and creating moldings.  I hope it's helpful.

• By ShowmeCHIEF
      Hey guys, I have a deck that has its edge perch directly over a retaining wall. The retaining wall's zenith seems to be interfering with my deck structure. Any suggestions?

Deck Plan 1.0.plan
    • By mlennon11
      Does anybody know how to make a deck between 2 structures without adding walls?
      michAel