CRHDesign

Small dimensions covering their own line

Every time I place dimensions, smaller dimensions will cover the line of the dimension with its white box. Is there a way to stop this from happening? Either moving the white box, disabling it, or moving the dimension slightly up?

See the 3 1/2" and 5 1/2" dimensions in the attached picture.

problem.jpg

If you select the dimension, you will see a small box on each of the dimension text.  You can grab each one and move the text to wherever it makes sense.

Yes, that works, but after moving 100 dimensions on a plan it gets tedious and time consuming. I'm looking for a solution to solve the tedious/time consumption problem.

Why are you dimensioning the width of every wall? It is common practice to dimension from the outside face of the framing to the face of the framing when dimensioning a plan. If you are concerned with the Subcontractors being able to differentiate 2x4 and 2x6 wall from each other then use a different hatch pattern for 2x4 and 2x6 walls and create a wall legend.

For cabinet and Interior Deco plans it is common practice to dimension to the inside of the finish layer of the walls.

Go to the default label text box and set it transparent so that the boxes go away.

On 5/16/2017 at 2:23 PM, joey_martin said:

Go to the default label text box and set it transparent so that the boxes go away.

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!