Sign in to follow this  
CBuserIndia

How to calculate Material quanitities (area)

Hello Friends

I am using Chief Architect Interior X9.

I have few questions regarding material quantity, is there any CA options that can easily give below quantity numbers.

1) How do I calculate sqaure feet (area) of plywood/wood used in a furniture ?

2) I want to calculate wall area that needs to be painted, How do I calculate area of wall inside a room ?

3) If I have applied wallpaper/wall covering on certain wall, how do I calculate square feet (quantity) of wallpaper used ?

Instead of manually calculating areas of such items, is it possible to get them in button click. When you design you select & give dimension to these materials, so CA has all this information. How do I get these numbers out ? It doesn't make sense to calculate them manually.

Please suggest

Thanks
Nitin

I believe you will have to do it manually. If you had premiere then you could use macros to do some of what you want.

I assume Interior doesn't have Material List tool.

If you had Premiere, you could do all of want you want with the Materials List.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    WhiteTimber
    Newest Member
    WhiteTimber

• By Components
      I would like to generate an accurate materials list on a remodel/addition that I am working on. I assigned “existing” layer sets to the walls, doors etc. that do not calculate to the materials lists but I have not been able to keep the existing floors/subfloors, ceiling surfaces, insulation and ridgecap from generating on the materials list. Any pointers? 
    • By robdyck
      Is there still no material that will allow transparency in Vector View? I use a lot of glass for deck railings and its completely insane what needs to be done to make an exterior elevation drawing look decent. Currently, I need to build my railings without any glass, then build the glass manually, place on a separate layer so I can have it on in renderings, but off in elevation views (vector). Then, in elevation view, I need (choose) to manually draw p-lines with transparent fill to show the glass without blocking visibility of the structure beyond.
      I don't like fighting Chief's defaults and auto features, but I also want my drawings to have a certain appearance. Anyone have any thoughts or tips for transparent glass (not windows) in vector views?
    • By Luciano
      Hi everyone, 
      Is it possible to create more then one new material at the time?

I have in a folder filled with wood grain pictures (vertical & horizontal) and I would like to add them all to my library but doing it one by one will take forever... From what I see in the program, there doesn't seem to be a way yet. But I imagine or hope that someone found a way to do it.  I must not be the first user who wants to do that to save time. Any idea everyone?  Thank you.
    • By ginamk
      Hi,
      I'm having an issue with X9 - anytime I open an item and try to change the material type, I get a pop-up box that says "searching for files" and it appears to be searching through my file folders, but it's on a continuous loop searching the same folder endlessly so the search message isn't going away and I have to force stop the program. I've tried opening different files to see if it was just happening with a possibly corrupt file, but it's happening with several different files so I don't think thats it. I called the help line and they are not familiar with the problem. They said I should try my luck here. 
      Anyone have this problem?

• By tdroes82
      Simple question I think. I just cant seem to figure this out.
      How do I create a Text box with my plan areas?
      - When I use  %room.name%: %room.area.standard%, this gives me what I need. But I can not move the text out of the room.
      - when I have 2 porches, can I add the two areas together on another "total porch" sq.ft text line?
      - Do I use Standard Area Polyline? If so, what is the correct macro to read it, such as living area, garage, porches, etc.

I can use stand area polyline, and then add correct macros to the label of each. Then move the label to the side in a list. But is there a way to accomplish this in 1 text box, reading each area respectively. What about adding 2 porches into 1 total porch area?

Here is what in 1 text box:
      total Heated Living:   sq.ft.
      total Garage:    sq.ft
      total porches: sq.ft.
      etc.

Then I can send this text to layout where I need it. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks. Thomas