CollaborateArch

Subfloor Fill in Section View

I've been trying to find a way to show the subfloor as filled in a section view so that I'm not seeing extra lines in that gap. I opened the room dialog box and changed the fill under floor structure to a solid color but that has no effect. I also tried setting it as solid in the defaults. Any other ideas?

It would seem that the change will show up if you shoot a new section view and hit "auto detail".

I'm trying to make building sections, so I don't actually want the textures that come with auto detail. And I still didn't get a fill for the subfloor when I used that tool. 

Eric,  I believe that will only show up if he auto details it and he doesn't want to do that.

I guess you are trying to keep from masking the space manually?

Go into the structure dbx of one of the rooms where section is cutting through and make sure you have fill in sub-floor there as well, not just default settings. I'd call it a bug but x8 did same thing.

I don't blame the OP - I really wish we could set a way to show cleaner sections as an option....sort of like "main layers only" option for floor plans.

• Upvote 1

I started with the DBX of the room and changed the fill there. Then I also did it in the default settings. Even with both of those set the subfloor is not filled. Just so strange to me that the subfloor would not show as solid.

I found it has to be set to fill in three places...the room type, the floor and actual room for it to work.