Ceiling Heights Wont Change X5

jessde

X 5 windows 7 pro  newbie

I'm designing a home with different height floors and shed roof planes.. No problem with that but after completing the interior with soffits, cabinets etc. I decided to lower one roof plane. Selecting floor and changing the heights in the structure tab has no effect. I tried removing the roof plane altogether but that made no difference. I checked different camera views ,sections etc. but there is no change in any view. 

Anyone have an idea what I'm doing wrong?

is auto Roof rebuild off ?    use f12 to rebuild the 3d view frequently when doing this kind of thing. 

lowering the height of a single roof plane ,by lowering the height of the roof baseline should work ? (or lowering the height of that one wall where the shed starts if an auto roof)

You can select the roof plane and using transform/replicate raise or lower the roof plane using the z axis under the 'Move" radio button. It won't change the room height, which determines the ceiling height, but your roof will be where you want it.

Or you should be able to lower the ceiling height of the affected room and redraw the roof at its new baseline height.