CBuserIndia

Image looks different on laptop, Android & Iphone

Hello

Using Chief Architect Interior X9.

I have strange problem. I have rendered an Image of a Kitchen. When I view this image on three different screens - it looks different.

I am attaching following two images:

1) Actual-Rendered-Image.jpg

quick rendered image of a kitchen

2) View-Laptop-Android-Iphone.jpg

Viewing above image on three different screens (laptop, android moto phone & Iphone 4s. Colours Look different in each screen.(smallest screen is iPhone 4s)

Does anyone understand what is going wrong here ? My clients complained several times about image looking yellowish, when I check at my end, it looks alright. It is very confusing to know what is going on.

Thanks
Nitin

Actual-Rendered-Image.jpg

View-Laptop-Android-Iphone.jpg

Different screens display colors differently. Screen DPI and image bit depth help determine color representation. So does the GPU, screen type (LCD, CRT, OLED, etc.). I suggest you color calibrate your monitor (the one you use to create the image). However, a calibrated monitor doesn't guarantee that the image will be rendered "correctly" on someone else's device.

• Upvote 1

That's always a problem, there are very few people that have calibrated screens or even attempt to visually adjust their screens to be at least half decent. You have no control over this at your end. I have had this issue before and have had to adjust my pics so they will look ok on a clients screen. I do not technically calibrate my screens, I do this visually using several different pics that I know how they should look. True calibration is really only need in select industries, print media for example, if your monitor is not good enough and not properly calibrated then you will likely be very surprised when your downloaded print job comes back. 

• Upvote 1

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    MarenM
    Newest Member
    MarenM

• By DIMENSION
      When I upload a 360 panoramic to my chief architect account and then I share the media via a link and then I click on the link I should be to be able to open and maximize the screen and tilt the 360 up and down and if I wanted to and turn the phone and view in order to put the goggles on it now does not work. 

• By Ridge_Runner
      I don't want to open a Pandora's Box and the preference war between Apple vs. everyone else. However, my cell phone is in the process of dying and I have to replace it. In trying to think ahead, I am considering both the iPhone 6s Plus (5.5" screen) and the Galaxy S6 (5.7" screen).

My primary concern is the practical use of Room Planner on a cell phone and interfacing with a Bluetooth laser, especially the E7100i that I just recently bought for this purpose. Will they communicate effectively?

Second question is, will Room Planner functionally work on a cell phone for as-builts with its smaller screen? Is it a waste of time and I should go the tablet route (more money of course since I still have to upgrade my cell phone)?

Any input would be appreciated. I will post this on the ChiefTalk forum also.

Thanks, Mike
    • By Jaye2010
      Anyone finding their tablet or smartphone outdated or under-powered for running Room Planner? I discovered an App called BlueStacks 3.0 that will allow me to run Room Planner on my PC laptop with great performance. BlueStacks is an open source Android Emulator that allows you to run Android games and other Android apps on your Windows operating system, and best of all it's totally free. My laptop has a much larger touch screen with more powerful hardware than my tablet, and that makes 3D renderings so much nicer and faster. The only issue I have is that I cannot get Room Planner to recognize my new Bosch GLM 50 C, and I don't know if it's an issue with BlueStacks or because I'm using the LE version of Room Planner 4.3 and Bluetooth is one of those "locked" out features. I can get it to pair directly with my laptop, but not through the software interface which is the correct method.

All in all, using this platform might get you to take the plunge if your tablet or phone doesn't quite cut it and you don't want to buy new hardware.
    • By Martine1961
      Hello, impossible to change colours in my plan. The little spray bomb only appeared once, next to the library, then never again. I've paid 10 Swiss francs for the app, and find there are very little options in terms of furniture, floors, colors. 
      Thank you for your help.
      martine 
    • By Ridge_Runner
      I don't want to open a Pandora's Box and the preference war between Apple vs. everyone else. However, my cell phone is in the process of dying and I have to replace it. In trying to think ahead, I am considering both the iPhone 6s Plus (5.5" screen) and the Galaxy S6 (5.7" screen).

My primary concern is the practical use of Room Planner on a cell phone and interfacing with a Bluetooth laser, especially the E7100i that I just recently bought for this purpose. Will they communicate effectively?

Second question is, will Room Planner functionally work on a cell phone for as-builts with its smaller screen? Is it a waste of time and should I go the tablet route (more money of course since I still have to upgrade my cell phone)?

Any input would be appreciated. I posted this on the Room Planner forum also.

Thanks, Mike