Changing color above the chair rail

videte

Hi,

I added a chair rail to my walls and would like to have 2 different colors around it. Every time I try to change color above the rail it also affects the color below it which I would like to keep as it is. Any suggestions how I can separate these two areas? Is it also normal that my chair rail is not continuous but consists of many smaller pieces?

Thank you!

Untitled 2.jpg

Use the Wall Covering feature in the Room Specifications for the lower area below the chair rail. As for the breaks in the chair rail look for extra nodes in the room molding polyline and get rid of them.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Use the Wall Covering feature in the Room Specifications for the lower area below the chair rail.

Thank you for the answer, Chopsaw. That's what I actually did but when I use this feature it works for the whole wall. Looks like the rail doesn't divide it in two sections so I need a different way to do it.

That's what I actually did but when I use this feature it works for the whole wall.

There are other tools that may work better in other situations but for your case, the wall covering should do exactly what you want.

By default, the wall covering tool should give you an 8" wide band around your room.  You either used the wrong tool or you specified something wrong. 

Take a look at Eric's picture above.  You can specify the wall covering for your whole room in the Room Specification dialog box.  If your chair rail is 36" above the floor, all you need to do is specify the wall covering height as 36" and 0" above the ground.  You can also specify a wall covering for a single wall by using the Wall Specification dialog box.

• Upvote 1