Editing Automatic Dimensions

LynnBuilders

I am running Chief Architect Premier X6 and am trying to get a plan ready to send to the township for approvals. However, I am having a lot of problems adding dimensions. When I use the automatic exterior/interior dimension tools, how can I easily remove/add dimensions? Sometimes the plan puts in too many dimensions. I know that I can click and drag the number away to get rid of it but the surrounding dimensions do not change to include that space and I can't seem to change them manually. Also, how can I add a dimension to a line of automatically generated dimensions? For example, Chief is not showing a dimension for the location of a half wall that runs perpendicular to an exterior wall, and I can't seem to figure out how to add it in. 

Thanks!

You should watch some of the training videos regarding dimensions.  Most of what you are asking is pretty basic stuff.

It is easy to add in new dimensions to an existing dimension string.  All you need to do is drag the main extension handle to a new location.  The main extension handle is the triangle one that appears off the line near where you clicked on it. 

It is also easy to remove a dimension in a string.  All you need to do is drag the extension handle marking the location you don't want off the location.  As long as you don't drop it on another location that is valid, it will just go away.

Scott, you can drag an unwanted number out of the layout view or move it to where you can then apply a "white-out box" to elimanate it or in some cases you can place manual text over it with a while fill.

You can also of course manually edit the string, eleminating the unwanted dimension points.

DJP