Railing Backwards In "follow Stairs" Application

JasonParsons

Go to solution Solved by dshall,

I am looking to change a standard railing to cable (panel) for stairs.  I used the "follow stairs" mode, and for some reason it is making the top 1/2 go up to down, instead of down to up.  I tried rotating the railing 180° but no luck.  I tried breaking the rail into segments, but no luck either.

Anyone know what I am doing wrong?  referring specifically to the rear deck rail

thanks!

I didn't download your plan but I would bet that the problem is that the "follow stair" railing is falling off the end of your stair.  If the railing does not start and stop where it is still on the stair, it will fall down to the ground.  Try pulling it back an inch or so to see if this solves your problem.

• Solution

You have a bad stair to landing connection.  Fix that connection and all be well.

That is true,  but I still had some problems.  I found that if you not align the stair rail with deck rail it seemed to work okay.

I took your suggestions Scott, and I got close but still could not get it 100% correct.  I ended up using a deck as a landing (at least it build piers) and some polys to fake out awkward areas.  it will be close enough, just can't show anyone leaning on it in a raytrace LOL!

Thanks for your Help!