Gable over door........

tancuda

Hi all, I pretty new to this software and I'm doing a shed and I'm almost there, but

I can't find a way to add a gable over the door (see roof in red in picture attached).

I tried with the "gable over opening"  button but nothing happen, is it better to draw roof planes, or

can it be done automatically ?

Thanks a lot and sorry for my English....

Cabanon2.jpg

I would do this with the roof tool or select the wall over the door and call it a gable wall and set the pitch you should get it, might have to adjust the height of the ridge, posting the plan would get more help so we can see it

Thanks chief58, if I select the wall over the door and call it a gable, it produce an error on rebuilt, but here's the plan, and

if you could explain to me how to do it you would be a real "chief" !!!

And remember I'm a beginner..........

Thanks for you time, have a nice day.

shed.plan

If you try building the roof after making the front entry wall a full gable wall, I believe the gable will build too large and try and continue the 2 side roof slopes up. ie, the gable will be too big.

New Image_174.jpg

It IS possible to build the roof automatically though.

You need to build a small room (with invisible walls if you want) just inside the front doors.

Give the room a ceiling height of about 95" (adjust as needed).

Make the front door wall a full gable wall.

Auto build roofs.

Once you have the roof correct you can delete the invisible walls - as long as you don't build roofs again.

New Image_173.jpg

Why are a lot of your walls Attic Walls -- this shouldn't be needed.

The Gable Over Opening is not working because of the restricted space.

This tool will not increase the height of the gable roof.

It will normally try and build the gable with the default baseline height

Thanks glennw, I think you put me on the right track, I'll do the little room as you said

and for the Attic wall, well I don't know why it is like this, may be it is set by default ?

Nevermind, I'll check for it. And do you think I can keep my invisible wall because later on I'll be doing some truss .....

Thanks a lot,  very very appreciate.

Thanks CJSpud, I did manage to do what I wanted with glennw's method, it's good for me, now trying to put some truss

on that, ho !, not that easy for me, I'll post the roof framing to get some help later on.

Thanks again guys.

• 4 months later...

Hi again guys, sorry it's been a long time but didn't have time to play with my shed plan.

Ok, I manage to build the shed like I wanted, with the small room with invisible wall to be able to generate the roof planes.

I had to make that little room 93" for the ceiling height vs 84" for the rest of the shed. Trying now to automatically build the roof, but it will generate

rafter but I want truss. I tried with the truss tool, but with the full gable wall it's difficult to place them.

Do you think it could be better if I don't build that little room and draw the roof planes manually to create the roof over the front door ? Or should I draw all

roof planes manually so I will not have these 2 full gable wall ?  It would be perfect if the roof planes and the roof could be done all automatically too.

See plan attached..

Thanks a lot for your time.

shed_2.plan