Exterior Stair, Stringer Spacing ?

foxriver32

County wants to see min spacing for stringers on little deck/entryway for a small house I'm drawing.

Been sick for quite a while and haven't done much over the last 5 years or so, can't believe how anal these guys are getting, common sense stuff, they want detail upon detail.

I saw that it was a requested feature, didn't know if the new version had it or not.

I'll probably just put a notation, hopefully that will pass

Thanks for asking!

Thanks for the tips!

In either of your suggestions I can't seem to get a camera view that allows me to select the components of the stairway. All I can get is the big dialog box which really doesn't help since there is no section for stringer specs.

Thanks anyway

Should not be any problem to setup a back clipped cross section through or beside the auto stairs and as Jerry said trace over and the if you like make a symbol as Eric said.

Let us know where you are hung up and maybe we can help.

• Upvote 1

Ok, I got it!

Thanks for your help.

Would be really nice if they could do something so we can manipulate the stringers, I don't know if there is any difference between interior and exterior stairs in that regard.

I can put my symbol or pline on 18" centers, but it still leaves the original stringer in the center, can't select that to get rid of it.

The stairs are about 8' wide.

I'll just work with what you guys said, that should give them what they want to see. Spent wayyyyy too much time on this project, seems the older I get the dumber I become, thought wisdom was suppose to come with age :)

Thanks again !!

• Upvote 1

Wow.....those are great workarounds.

Thanks again. gonna try both those ideas just to see how they work. Really like that "gang" method, but need to see how Jerry's idea works.

You'd think I might be a little better at this, started with version 7 .....must have been around 2000 or so.

Anxious to see x9, I don't dare upgrade in the middle of this project though .....my luck hasn't been too good with upgrading software.

Thanks again guys, really appreciate your help !!!!