Sign in to follow this  
SNestor

Wall DBX - Where is the "wood"

I'm wondering why sometimes I don't see the "fir framing" when I'm working in the wall dialogue box (this walls happens to be the OOB Interior-4 wall)....see pic attached.  Do I have to have the "framing, wall" layer turned on in the layerset being used?

Wall DBX - no framing.png

35 minutes ago, SNestor said:

I'm wondering why sometimes I don't see the "fir framing" when I'm working in the wall dialogue box (this walls happens to be the OOB Interior-4 wall)....see pic attached.  Do I have to have the "framing, wall" layer turned on in the layerset being used?

Wall DBX - no framing.png

No.  It has be turned off in your camera view layer set though.

That happened to me a few weeks ago.  I found that it's because I've built the wall framing.  Try deleting the wall framing and you might see the interior framing 'appear' again in the dbx.

11 minutes ago, stephenbc said:

That happened to me a few weeks ago.  I found that it's because I've built the wall framing.  Try deleting the wall framing and you might see the interior framing 'appear' again in the dbx.

Again,  this is all controlled via your Camera View Layer Set.  Instead of deleting the wall framing just turn off the Framing, Wall layer in your Camera View set.

Turn "OFF" the "Framing, Wall" layer...in the Camera View set...weird.  But, it works. 

Thanks Michael...(I would have never figured that out)

2 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Again,  this is all controlled via your Camera View Layer Set.  Instead of deleting the wall framing just turn off the Framing, Wall layer in your Camera View set.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Oilersfan20
    Newest Member
    Oilersfan20

• By KirkHodgson
      I'm looking to make my retaing wall larger than the terrain heights.
      In the instructions in this page, https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00652/changing-the-height-of-a-retaining-wall.html
      I did all the steps, but the last point. In section/elevation, when I try to click the retaining walls, nothing happens. I don't get boxes or any selection at all.
      What is happening that I can't make this selection?
      I want to make my wall 6" above the grade/terrain elevation, and I want to drop the foundation of the wall by 24". How do I do this?

Please assist.
      Thank you.

• By SNestor
      Is there a way to show the hips/ridges of a roof either above or below using a reference layerset?  Am I missing something?  The edges of the roof appear (see pics) but the hips/ridges do not.  I've tried this with some of the Chief OOB templates...and I get the same result.  

Thanks...

• By MRMChief
      Happy Holidays everyone.

I have a plan where I have a few places I need an exterior wall above a roof section, but a railing, or in one case, no wall below.  Is there a way to do this in Chief Architect X11?  The one opening in my screen shot shows some exterior molding, but no wall.  On the one that has the railing below it, I tried the lower wall type if split by roof, but I couldn't get it to show as a wall above and a railing below.  It was either only a railing or all wall.

I am on a macbook pro..

Thanks,

Michael

• By mprovost129
      Hi all. I'm fairly new to the software and have only been using it since October. I have a client who wants a wood framed chimney extruding from the middle of the roof up from the gas fireplace. I've tried a bunch of different options to make this work but can't figure it out. Can someone please tell me how to draw walls on top of the roof?

Thank you!

• By Designer100
      In 3d there is a wall sticking out. see jpeg attached. I cannot figure it out to remove.
      NEW-William_Dowdell_Dr.plan