Sign in to follow this  
SNestor

Wall DBX - Where is the "wood"

I'm wondering why sometimes I don't see the "fir framing" when I'm working in the wall dialogue box (this walls happens to be the OOB Interior-4 wall)....see pic attached.  Do I have to have the "framing, wall" layer turned on in the layerset being used?

Wall DBX - no framing.png

35 minutes ago, SNestor said:

I'm wondering why sometimes I don't see the "fir framing" when I'm working in the wall dialogue box (this walls happens to be the OOB Interior-4 wall)....see pic attached.  Do I have to have the "framing, wall" layer turned on in the layerset being used?

Wall DBX - no framing.png

No.  It has be turned off in your camera view layer set though.

That happened to me a few weeks ago.  I found that it's because I've built the wall framing.  Try deleting the wall framing and you might see the interior framing 'appear' again in the dbx.

11 minutes ago, stephenbc said:

That happened to me a few weeks ago.  I found that it's because I've built the wall framing.  Try deleting the wall framing and you might see the interior framing 'appear' again in the dbx.

Again,  this is all controlled via your Camera View Layer Set.  Instead of deleting the wall framing just turn off the Framing, Wall layer in your Camera View set.

Turn "OFF" the "Framing, Wall" layer...in the Camera View set...weird.  But, it works. 

Thanks Michael...(I would have never figured that out)

2 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Again,  this is all controlled via your Camera View Layer Set.  Instead of deleting the wall framing just turn off the Framing, Wall layer in your Camera View set.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Aggie-1
    Newest Member
    Aggie-1

• By HannaForestAsh
      When I place a window/door/etc. on a wall and type in the dimensions, sometimes it will move the edge of the wall instead of moving the window along the wall. (ie: if I have a 20' wall with a window on it, I want the length between the corner and the window to be 4'... instead of moving the window over on the wall, it will just extend the edge of the wall out past its original point so it's now 24'). Please help!! I'm not sure how to look up this issue so if there's a video on it already please direct me there!
    • By alexpwalsh
      Whenever I try to do a virtual walk through, I get these random flashes of interior wall and roof layers coming through. It happens with both interior and exterior walk throughts. It looks horrible, see the attached example. I've tried turning off all sorts of layers in the camera view - nothing seems to help and I can't find anyone else mentioning this on here so I figure it must be a setting on my end. Also have tried playing with frame rates and rendering options to no avail. Any ideas?

Version: X12 Premier Student

ext_walkthrough5.wmv
    • By SPSEngineering
      My firm has structural standards that are normally done in AutoCAD. I want to be able to achieve them in chief architect.

This is our section annotation. I was able to create the top but I need help on the triangle on the tail.

Also, is there a way to change the appearance or display the structural framing members as a polyline in plan view and have them as original in 3D? 
      We currently use polylines for our joists, headers, girders, beams, rafters, etc. with a 1" to 3"  Global Line Width and either phantom, continuous, or dashed/hidden line types in AutoCAD.

I want to be able to produce our structural drawings like in chief architect instead of going back in forth because I like the auto framing features in chief. 

Let me know if additional files are needed for clarity. Or if this is the wrong forum for this topic.
    • By stevenyhof
      I have watched the video of ChiefSkills by Steve Nestor, "DORMERS - Auto and Manual Types"
      Trying to use the idea there to cut my walls out of the living space. I think you called it "Cheek Walls".
      See the real picture and the angled ceiling. That is what I am trying to do.
      Any thoughts?

SND1823 Klinke Residence.plan

• By hamedDesighn
      How to fix wall length Or lock the wall dimention so they don't change .
      i would be thankful if somebody help .