Sign in to follow this  
SNestor

Garage Door Panels

How do you use these garage door panels?  They are individual panels...do you have to use them to create a new door "door symbol"?

When you select one to be the garage door...it becomes one single "distorted" panel...not a multi-panel as you would suspect it would. 

- Is there a simple raised panel garage door in the library?  I can't seem to find one.

Garage Door Panels.png

Never mind...I figured it out.  I had placed a door from the "coachman Collection"...and then I tried to replace the door using the "door dbx"...clicking "library".  Well...that does not work.  

In order to use the panels as a garage door...just click on the panel you want and place the door into the wall.  Voila!  Works as designed....

1 minute ago, Joe_Carrick said:

Steve,

Set the # of panels in the Garage Door dbx

Garage Door Panels.JPG

Thanks Joe...I had not seen that menu item.  Appreciate the help!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    VCeffects
    Newest Member
    VCeffects

• By CharlesVolz
      OK guys, Kerry Francis of Garage Door Wizard fame emailed me over the weekend and said that he does not plan on improving the program because the demand does warrant the work required. 

However, he is allowing me to sell Version 2.10.0025 of the program that works on with Chief Architect Premier X9 and Windows 10. To keep the cost and trouble down, I will sell the program for Kerry on the honor system. You send me $20 via PayPal to CVRE@sbcglobal.net and I will forward you the program via email. No sharing, warranty, no returns, no crying, no whining. Please let the rest of us know if it works or not on your computer setup by posting on this thread so others can decide whether to buy. 

Upgrades are $20 also since there is no way to monitor registered users. Kerry said that the price back in the day was $35. So it is a good deal. Kerry was nice enough to allow me to distribute this because some of us asked for it. I am just trying to contribute to you guys and gals on the forum who have helped me by participating on the forum.

Regards,
      Charles
    • By SNestor
      Attached is a video I created to show how I use "railing walls" and "panels" to create Screen Porches.  This is the first video I've ever created and I used "QuickTime" which is an app that comes with a MAC computer.  No editing features with QuickTime (at least that I could find)...so, you get what you get.    

Feels good to "give back" to this forum.  Hopefully it helps some of you...even if it's not a porch you are creating..."panels" in railing walls can be very powerful.   

• By DaniBurger
      Hello, 
      I've upgraded to X9 and can't seem to figure out how to make one cabinet door (inset) with three panels.  Any ideas?
      Thanks,
      Danielle
    • By LeeDrafter
      Hi All,
      I'm having a weird problem. On the attached plan, the garage door and the garage man door are set to dimensions to the inch (no fraction) on the floor plan. On the foundation plan, the concrete cutouts are not centered on the door they are for. Check out the garage doors on the attached plan in the foundation plan. Why are they 1/8" off on the foundation plan from the doors in the floor plan? How do I fix this? I am in X9, but the same thing happened only with this particular file in X8. 

thanks!!
      Lee
      LOT 30 SPRING CREEK, CUTLER.plan
    • By DMDesigns
      Hey Guys & Gals,

We just added a few new railing systems to our ever growing collection. If you are a member of ChiefTutor.com these are all FREE

You can find the download in the Symbols Section, Page 3

http://www.chieftutor.net/

ENJOY - 
      Dave