Sign in to follow this  
foxbody89

Question on exterior wall layers

My exterior walls consist of cmu block with an insulation board layer and a furring strip layer with a finished drywall layer.  For some reason my insulation layer is peeking through the drywall on my 3d views and I have no idea why this is happening, is there a way to make this hidden like it should be?  I attached a picture of what I am talking about.

sample.jpg

It would be helpful if you posted a screenshot of your wall definition. Make sure the insulation board, furring strip, and drywall layers are "interior" layers, and that they aren't zero thickness.

It looks more like a plan problem than a wall definition problem.  It could be an intersecting floor platform.  Maybe you could post the plan.

2 minutes ago, javatom said:

It looks more like a plan problem than a wall definition problem.  It could be an intersecting floor platform.  Maybe you could post the plan.

It acts like a glitch to me because sometimes it shows the furring strip material instead of the insulation 

I'd try changing the furring strip to any other material besides a framing material; try an "air gap" material.

Looks to me like it could be a Wall Covering strip.

Open the wall dbx and see if there is anything specified on the Wall Covering panel (like Insulation Rigid).

New Image_165.jpg

Ignore my suggestion about the framing material - I just dug into my own wall definitions and discovered I've defined my interior furring as framing also, and I don't experience any issues.

Is the room shown in a basement? What's happening on the other side of the wall? Why don't you post the plan so we can take a closer look.