Wall Material No Change

MTL-Homes

Anyone know why exterior material on a wall would be set to "No Change" ?  Every time I try to change it it reverts back to default material. Have deleted it, redrawn it Tried different wall types, but this particular wall won't let me change exterior material.

Yes.  Because one way or another the wall had more than one material assigned to it.  I'm assuming the wall is probably spanning more than one room and you either changed one of the walls in that room using the material painter or you changed the material of the walls through the room dbx.  Just a couple guesses.

Hmm. Three Porches in a row. Separated by walls. All three have "No Change" in the room definition dialogue "materials" specification, but only having trouble changing  wall material on one particular wall. Not actually sure how wall materials get set to "No Change" in the room definition dialogue.

3 minutes ago, MTL-Homes said:

Hmm. Three Porches in a row. Separated by walls. All three have "No Change" in the room definition dialogue "materials" specification, but only having trouble changing  wall material on one particular wall. Not actually sure how wall materials get set to "No Change" in the room definition dialogue.

Re-read my post above.  The wall probably got hit with the material painter at some point. 

Just bear in mind there are at least 4 ways to change the material of your walls...

1.  Through the wall type settings

2.  Through the wall materials tab

3.  Through the room materials tab

4.  By using the material painter

The latter 2 will allow for a situation where a single wall may have sections with different materials assigned and therefore the "no change".