Text alignment

Griffin

Use Customise Hotkeys to assign you selected hotkeys to Align Left, Align Right, Center and Justify commands.

I don't think these commands come as menu items as they are really editing commands that only appear on the Edit toolbar when text is selected.

But hotkeys will work when any text box is selected.

• Upvote 1

Yes, Chief OOB uses the older simultaneous hotkeys method.

This seemed crazy to me as they are so illogical which makes them hard to remember and even harder to physically execute.

This is something I pushed for and a  few versions back and they introduced the sequential hotkeys - much easier to assign 2 (can be 1 to 4) sequential keys which can be logical and physically easier to execute.

You can even use a combination of both methods if you want - but much easier to use just the sequential hotkey shortcuts.

It is very easy to remember and physically easy to use something like AR sequentially as a hotkey for Align Right than to use something like Alt+R+Ctrl (as an example) simultaneously. 

My advice is to get rid of all the Chief OOB simultaneous hotkeys as you can and replace them with 2 key (mostly)sequential hotkeys that make logical sense and are physically easier to execute.