DCB123

Window not showing in exterior rendering shot and perspective?

Guys;

I need your help to try and figure out what is going on here

as this window on the upper second floor is not showing in this view

now, just the exterior siding where the opening and the window is?

Thanks for the help...

DCB

Sequioa - 12.18.16 Window.jpg

Have a look at the 2nd-floor wall dbx and make sure it's not an attic wall. Also, check you have a room definition.

If not then check to see if the first-floor wall under options is not checked to balloon thru ceiling.

If that all fails, delete the wall and rebuild it. I have had this happen before and 9 out of 10 times its an attic wall issue.

Thanks I fixed it Michael, but now need your help with the next question?

Cheers!

DCB

Okay I fixed the window thanks to Michael.

Now how do I get the soffit roof under the front canopy entryway to show in the front?

Pointers are appreciated.

Thx,

DCB

Sequioa - 12.18.16 Window.jpg

ScreenShot001.jpg

I believe if you align your attic wall over railing wall at the steps it will come forward to where the beam is and solve that. Just a guess without the plan.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    JonBCamerata
    Newest Member
    JonBCamerata

• By marinus
      Custom home and mostly residential remodel general contractor in Bellingham, WA is looking for a Lead Designer with extensive experience in computer drafting to join our firm.

Our office space is small and informal, but this allows us to offer a competitive employment package with benefits.

We are looking to hire a professional with experience drafting architectural projects - from the initial designs to permit plans. This self-motivated candidate must have excellent communication skills in order to collaborate with clients and co-workers alike.

You should have a thorough understanding of building components, green building, and good working knowledge of architectural construction documents in residential new construction and remodeling. We are looking for someone who has good problem solving skills and is able to self-manage.

Qualifications:
      • 5+ years of experience in construction/design
      • Strong technical skills
      • Proficient in Chief Architect, AutoCad, Revit or equivalent experience required

Responsibilities:
      • Draft residential (some commercial interior) building designs, details, and permit plans.
      • Check for code compliance, coordinate with consultants/permit officials/contractors and develop construction details

• By rembocanoe66
      I've used CA for years and AutoCAD since 1985. (Yeah I'm old).
      In Florida we do a lot of Block house plans. (CMU) 8x16x8 concrete blocks.
      Other than manually placing block patterns. Does anyone have an easy way to do wall fill patterns to show the ACTUAL CMU BLOCK Pattern in plan view. 
      It would be great if it actually placed filled cells required for all window/door openings and corners. Any suggestions? 

Thanks
      Ray
    • By DTCBuild
      I design for a builder who uses concrete walls (Ritek). The builder wants the plans to show the window size correctly with the cutout 40mm larger all round. I see you can do this with stem walls. Is there a work around for normal walls? Doors are ok, I just make the jamb 40mm wide. This doesn’t seem to work for windows. The wall manufacturer wants to read my cad files, measuring the rough openings.  Any suggestions would be great, thanks
    • By OneChickNoHammer
      I've been recreating the "Paradise Rises" drawings as a learning exercise.  I get to this point (file attached) and noticed the eaves are boxed.  (I did start with a similar previous file and "Saved As" to save myself some time.)  I select rebuild roofs and uncheck the boxed eaves.  Then the siding on the upstairs bump outs disappear.  Ugh!  Very frustrating.  Of course, I rebuild the roofs and put the boxed eaves back.  Tried redrawing the walls.  Nothing seems to be working.

Option4_Farmhouse.plan
    • By srjbb97
      How do I get the siding to show up on in the gable? See attached pictures.. Also, what is the best way to align the eyebrows along the front?

Thanks in advanced..

Chief Architect X9