CBuserIndia

Architectural Blocks of a walled room

Hello

I am using Chief Architecture x8 Interior version.

I want to find out if I can create Block of a simple room. Room has 4 walls, door, window.

As soon as I select wall, I don't get "Add to library option"

If above is not possible, is there any work-around ?

Problem, I am trying to solve is - I want to start a project with a room which has walls, doors, window, & may be few other objects which will get re-used every-time.

I want to drag & drop this room object & then I will customize this room block as per requirement.

Thanks

Nitin

Not possible to block those items...chief doesn't allow blocks of walls and other things.

Save the whole plan file as a template plan.  It will be there every time you open the template ready for modification.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    keldhaigh
    Newest Member
    keldhaigh

• By jlcDesign
      Gang, I apologize in advance if this was already addressed here, but I couldn't find it.

Often, I am asked to build an addition on a deck-style foundation.  Is there a simple way to do this that doesn't take forever?  I can manipulate the software to eventually do what I want, but there has to be an easier way!
    • By 40mstew
      I have a basement with a safe room. The ceiling is 10' high in the basement. I only want to drop the ceiling in the safe room that is in the basement down to 8' and keep the basement ceiling at 10'. Seems every time I try to do this it messes with the foundation and raises it. Not finding any videos on this. Or is it just as simple to turn a soffit into a ceiling???
      There has to be a simple step by step solution to this. 
      Using X9. 

Thanks
    • By CA-CHRIS
      hello,

i'm having trouble trying to set up my material list. 

we sell storage brackets that hang on a slat wall.  i've attached props to those brackets to give the customer an idea of what things will look like and how to utilize the brackets.  i combined the brackets with the props via architectural block that i then saved to my library.  the problem is that i want to treat the bracket/prop as one object (i was able to do that via right clicking the architectural block and selecting open object.  i then had to put the name of the bracket in the optional description field so it doesn't just show up as "architectural block" in the material list).  everything seemed to be working great, but i soon found out that those changes i made only applied to the object on the screen and didn't save to the user library.  therefore, when i select a bracket from the library for a new drawing, it sends the items to the material list with the prop and it's not treated as one object in the material list.  also, when i click on the architectural block in the library, i can't right click and select open object.  i then decided to go into the components tab and assign the bracket to a fixture id and the prop to a general id (hoping that i could tell the material list to display one, but not the other.  i also checked the use field for the bracket and left it unchecked for the prop item. however, both print in the material list).  i just want to show all the brackets they want to buy and not clutter the material list with a host of props.

any help would be much appreciated!

God bless!
    • By EGBPro
      I cannot get this shelf ceiling to behave. I have tried everything I can think of. The bathroom itself is vaulted. There is a water closet that also has a shelf ceiling but that one is perfect. I tried to match every parameter of that room to this one but nothing works. I have two ceilings to make things worse!!! ALso that horizontal band between the lower and upper walls just appeared as well!!! HELP ME PLEASE!!! Thanks.

• By ComputerMaster86
      Working on a recent basement remodel project I have come to notice something kind of peculiar.  Whenever you have a pony wall and then a furred wall on the inside of that, the default auto-generated room base molding follows the edge of the pony wall instead of the furred wall.  When the outer wall is a single wall as opposed to a pony wall, the the default auto-generated room base molding follows the edge of the furred wall.  Notice whether you have a half height furred wall or full height furred wall has no affect on the room molding.  The pony wall / furred wall combination causes the quirk.  See the pictures below...

Basement Walls

Basement Walls with a Furred Wall

Basement Walls with a Basement Pony Wall & Half Furred Wall

Basement Walls with a Half Furred Wall

Basement Walls with a Furred Wall