finelinerick

Material listlist not calculating correctly

i am having a problem with the material for concrete piers not calculating correctly . has any one else had that problem and how can I fix it

You precisely administer 3D objects, walls, layers, every thing in the model. Your virtual model has to reflect how you intend to build in the field in every detail. To the degree it does not your Materials List will be also found to be to the same degree inaccurate. The Materials List just tabulates how you created the .plan file and NOTHING ELSE! Only you can make the .plan file perfect and when actually perfect you then and only then get an accurate ML. 

DJP 

• Downvote 1

What size is the pier? 

How much concrete does Chief calculate?

How much concrete do you calculate?

Did you create the pier as a solid object, or use the pier tool?

I just created a foundation with grade beam and piers on a one room building to test the calculation for 20 piers 12' deep by 12" dia, it calculates to 111 cu yds on materials list specifically described on list as concrete piers.

I did this because on my other plan the calculation was wrong . each pier should calculate to about 1/3 cu. yd.

yes the 100 " x 8"  foundation walls which calculate correctly and also the 4" slab which calculates correctly if you have time build a simple plan and build a foundation with piers and grade beam and you will see what I am talking about . maybe the program is thinking its a solid continuous footing

I also tried by drawing foundation wall and inserting piers under manually and it still doesn't calculate properly

I just drew a 20x20 room, auto built a foundation using 12" square piers, set to big spacing so i just got 4. Each pier is 10' deep by 1' square, so 4 piers is 40 CF, the BOM reports 44.68 CY, almost seems they are adding +\-10% and mislabeling CF as CY.