Korel_Design

Second Floor Issue......

Guten Morgan Chiefers.

I've been working on a floor plan for a Barn-do-minium and I just simply can't seem to get the second floor to accept a room type and then have the stairwell break through so I can do a space upstairs. I know it's probably something simple. It's the simple things that always seem to elude me.

Please examine the attached plan and clue me in what I might be doing wrong.

Thank you, thank you very much...

161204-Halbert.plan

Group select all of your walls,  open dvx,  note that some are defined as non room def,  uncheck that box and you will get some rooms.

Typo, "dbx" means "dialogue box", after group select and open. The box you see on the screen is the "dbx"

I have another little problem. On the "Front Elevation", and consequently the Rear Elevation, there is a gap in the exterior metal siding of my metal building but not on the Side Elevation. Do you understand what may be causing this?

Thanks,

JK 

Side Elevation.JPG

Front Elevation.JPG

161204-Halbert.plan

Change "Build To Ext. of Layer" to the "red Iron"

2016-12-05_16-14-22.png

Once again. Thanks. I really haven't done many (any at all really) plans with a second floor and a stairway. I guess I really need to practice and get the hang of it.

JK

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    MattBlanc
    Newest Member
    MattBlanc

• By birchmore
      I have an octagonal shaped room (silo, 3 stories tall) and I need to build a stair case along the outer wall, following the shape of the octagon, with winders in the corners. What is the best way to go about doing this? I can't seem to figure out how to get the angles correct, the railings to work, get it to create winders on the corners, or get it tight to the wall.

• By Scharp
      I can draw stairs and see them in 3d but cant see them in 2d!  Please help me
    • By edos301
      Hello, I need help creating this specific balaced stair in chief architect premier x12. 
      The only thing i could think of was to manually create every step from slabs. I still need to corect some steps from plan view but at least the height and length are good - now how can i add the rails on the inside and outside walls?

Or maybe is wrongfully thought from the start; what is the simplest, smartest way to create this type of stairs?

• By Designer100
      Hey guys,

I ariginally had cable rails and now I cannot get stairs to go back to noarmal stairs. Ballusters are not showing and I need to deleter the cable rails that are showing up in specs. Stairs has been move from another part of floor plans. Proably something simple.

Can someone help?

Thanks for any help. 

Richie_house._La_OPT._2_02_17.2020.zip
    • By DeckQuestions
      I'm trying to get stairs that look like this:

They look like this right now:

How can I achieve this?

Thanks.