Sign in to follow this  
REMDES

x8 Printing Help

Hello

First time printing in X8.....saved as PDF (  See attachment) floor plans are good ......  what gives with the elevation... ,being

shaded?

Thanks

RD 18X24 4013AAA-Layout.pdf

Not sure if it will make a difference for you, but is the roof and fascia supposed to extend that far down? Right now it is lower than your front door. If you post plan and even your layout it might be easier to solve. Just make sure the are not open in Chief when you try and upload them.

The only way I could come close to reproducing your situation was to have shadows turned on and basically position the lighting to be like the back side of the moon.  So try shadows off post-4797-0-01946400-1479087342.jpg

Just me Jerry,

The door and window set in from the exterior wall about 2' so their covered by the sloping roof.  Plan and layout attached.

Chopsaw when I send to layout the elevations are  grossly pixelated I do some annotation in layout so I need a clear image.  I just  down loaded X8  2 weeks ago after using X6 for a long time and was dismayed when I sent the elevations to layout.   They do print clearer (except for the shading) but I still need to have a better elevation in layout.

Thanks

Jerry

Remodeling Designs

X8

4013A SCH4 11.7 X8.plan

RD 18X24 4013.layout

Jerry,  To get what you are used to in X6 sent to layout as "Plot Lines" and update manually.  If you like you can open the layout box and switch to live view before printing for all the new X8 features.

Did the Shadows off, work or should I take a look at your plan?

Chopsaw,

If you can take a quick look at the plan/layout that would be helpful.  I'll try your suggestion to see if that gets better results.

Thanks much

Jerry, When I updated your layout elevations the coloured shading disappears so I am not sure what was causing the problem. Your new upper dormers are not quite attached to the main roof. The "Join Roof Planes" tool should work fine for this job post-4797-0-34410700-1479092391.jpg