Sign in to follow this  
Chiefusermickey

Auto Exterior Dimensions Overwrite previous auto dim

Why is when I use auto exterior dimensions tool it overwrites previous auto exterior dimension instead of updating them or deleting?  Some dimensions will have multiple copies of the same dimension line pasted on top of one another.  Others will become garbled up and not readable because of old auto dimensions that were not deleted or updated.  File attached 

Willow 1600.plan

If you have not shifted any dimension strings you don't see this, but it is how CA works. I know it is a PITA as you often have to move some of the strings, even with the defaults set up correctly

I leave Auto Refresh Dimensions toggled on in my template plan so that as so as I draw an enclosed space or edit the floor plan, the auto exterior dimensions are generated and updated (not overwritten) automatically. 

No need to even select Auto Exterior Dimensions - it just happens.

• Upvote 1