Window Spacing When Doing Mulled Unit

verticalworks

On the edit menu select Default Settings, then Window from the list in the dbx that pops up.  Once Window is selected choose the Edit button at the bottom of the dbx.

This will bring up the Window Defaults dbx.  Choose the General tab at the left, then look under the options section where you will see the option for Minimum Separation. 

Adjust this setting to your needs and you then should be able to move the windows closer together.  Hope this is what you are after.  If this does not do the trick, then we may need a bit more info from you.

if you use the stacking option I mentioned above you wont need to play with the ctrl key or the center tool either.... it will auto align

That is not correct, you will still need to align the windows, the stacking thing is, so the 2 windows won't show on the same plan, it grays the upper

window. I know it says a fixed glass window will align but not for me.

I don't use it often but haven't had an issue ,but maybe the top window was fixed as you say, though I'd have thought it would auto align anyway being in the same "framing hole" esp. with snaps on,

M.