Roof Plan

timmy123

Hi all,

I am making a roof plan and would like to mention the heights/elevations of all ridges, chimneys, decks etc relative to the reference point(which I have from a survey). (See the red points in the attached image for details)

Is there an easier way to calculate the heights of these red points from the reference point? other than taking cross section views and then using a tape measure to measure the distance between the point and reference?

post-734-0-07645500-1401862078_thumb.png

It looks like most of them are roof points.

If you select a roof plane and open it's dbx, it will tell you the Ridge Top Height and Fascia Top Height.

Any floor heights, you can get from the room's dbx.

These heights are relative to Chief's zero floor level - which would normally be (but not always) your Level 1 floor level.

You can then make the overall height calculation by adding the Ridge Top Height (or other height) to the floors actual height in relation to your site reference level.

I'm pretty sure you can do it with a macro, using the info already in Chief, That's something I would like to have.

The problem is that, the info you need is probably locked and only accessible to those who know how to get it.

Perry,

As far as I can tell, this is the only info available for a roof.

Maybe Jerry can squeeze more info out.

I know those numbers are in there somewhere b/c they exists in the roof DBX. but we may not be able to access them (locked) Chief please open all Ruby info for us.