Sign in to follow this  
hannajonesdesign

Adding a basement

I have built the basement, main floor and 2nd floor but it appears as if the basement is my main level. How do I change my floors around so there are only 2 mains levels with a basement?

Thanks!

Some of us put the Foundation on Level 0, Basement on Level 1, First Floor on Level 2, Second Floor on Level 3, etc.  This is my preference for a finished Basement situation - especially for a Walk-Out

Others use Level 0 for the Foundation and the Basement, First Floor on Level 1, Second Floor on Level 2.  I think that can complicate things.

For some reason my roof isn't working correctly having the basement set as level 1, is there some way to change that?

Thank you!

The only way we're going to be able to help is if you post the plan.  BTW, what version are you using?

It's premier x7. How can I post the plan here?

Click on "More Reply Options", Browse to your Plan (Make sure it's not open), Open, then "Attach This File".

Close file, zip, and attach.

Or save to Dropbox and give us the DB link.

Hanna,

You will need to define a Terrain Perimeter and set the Elevation in order to get the Foundation to build properly.You will need to manually create the Foundation under the extended areas at the First Floor.  You also need to set the Foundation Type correctly and change the Basement Exterior Wall Type to Concrete or CMU.

Other wise I don't see a problem.

The Terrain elevation is the key.  Create it on Level 2 and set the elevation to about -8.5'

Simple answer is to just use a Rich Text Box placed on a unique layer.

Better yet, change the Label of the Layout Box when you send the Plan to Layout.

There are ways to use macros to get the Floor Number and adjust it based on the Level.  I could provide you with a couple of macros to do it.

Thank you! one last question (I think), how can I now call the basement level 0 and the main floor 1?

You could copy and paste using Edit Area. Cut level 1, go to level 0, Paste Hold Position. Do that for each level. Delete the upper level that now has nothing on it.