Sumnerbc

Historic Building Trim

I am working with a client of mine and they want to restore a downtown building.  They have this historic moulding and I am wondering on how to do this in Chief Architect. See picture.

post-7362-0-21615600-1476219202_thumb.jpg

I would layer up 3D modelings and polysolids.  If you have SSA there are some videos on this.

Might make a "molding symbols" , as opposed to "molding profile". Attached image uses both.  Would still need a symbol for the ends and as JC pointed out elsewhere seperate millwork symbols to use as treatments on the windows.

I put appliques on the front here. I would advise against that, will slog the system down. Just use a picture or simple graphic where needed.

This was made from corbels found in the library-about 15 minutes-didn't worry about much accuracy, but you get the idea.

post-85-0-48093100-1476282879_thumb.jpg

post-85-0-56275900-1476283177_thumb.png

• Upvote 1

Mark is spot on with the suggestion to use items from the library and call it close enough.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ino-DEC
    Newest Member
    Ino-DEC

• By ChristinoDesign
      We're trying to figure out how to change the angle of pendent lights on vaulted ceilings. When we create the ceiling angle, the lights follow and aren't angled properly. How do we change the lights so they go vertical rather than at a tilt?
    • By Alyssa5
      Hi,
      I am using Chief Architect X8 on a Mac.
      I am having trouble with roof planes - I want to be able to change the baseline height but it keeps defaulting back and won't alter.
      Yet when I open the same file on another computer I can change it
      Any suggestions?

Thanks
    • By josiemlittle
      Hello, I’m needing help lowering the roof. I’m trying to make a 50x80x16 shop with the pitch lower than the default gable height. I’m new to this and I’m hoping this software will help build our dreams on our farm. I want the look of the attached photo with the front being the 80 ft side. 

• By amydutton
      How do I put a roof return on this roof? Can't find a video about it anywhere on the Chief Website... is there another name for it?

See attachment, and where I drew in black.