Can't generate stairwell

ladycoralie

Go to solution Solved by DavidJames,

Hi. I am having trouble generating a stairwell up to the 2nd floor over the garage. I have a railing suspended in mid air (attached picture) and the stairwell won't generate. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong, but I bet it is something simple.

I'm also having trouble with the wall not generating properly where you can see the icf sticking out, and there is a gap between the ceiling and the roof.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Cheers and thanks.

Coralie

Barn Copy.plan

• Solution

I'm not sure if this is what you're trying to achieve, but take a look at the attachment (I've also made some adjustments for clarity)

Also, it seems the reason you're stairwell wasn't generating was because you had an invisible wall near the top of the stairs for some reason(?). Delete that and the railings and try rebuilding. 

Barn Copy - R1.plan

Hi and thanks. I got it. I didn't realise I had an invisible wall up there. Deleted that, but also took out the floating balcony and after rebuilding all the walls around it and redefining them, I finally got it to work. Still having trouble aligning walls but am working on it. Thanks David.

post-4721-0-94487000-1475127268_thumb.jpg