Sign in to follow this  
country

Rugs in library

I was looking for an area rug to put in a plan.  I called up "rug" in the library and tried to install a border rug.  None of them or the other patterned rugs would attach except for the items such as corded round rug or rectangular rug, etc.  Am I doing something wrong or is there something wrong with the symbols?  Are these just materials we have to apply to another rug symbol?

Some rugs in the Library browser are materials to be attached to objects like slabs or soffits and some are symbols with materials already assigned.

DJP

Does that mean, if I want an oriental rug in the dining room, I have to place a slab under the table and then put the oriental rug on it as a material?

...or you could just import a rug from the library and then reassign a texture (and map) to the rug symbol.

I did go to the library to bring a rug in. There was a good selection, I thought, but they are not symbols even though they look like one.

If you want an oriental red rug (or many of the others) I presume you bring in a rectangular rug and then go back and add the oriental red rug as the material. Seems to work but more steps than I was expecting. Much better though than the previous slab suggestion.

BTW. Thanks for all the suggestions. It's good to know people are willing to help on a Friday afternoon!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    RichRidgewood
    Newest Member
    RichRidgewood

• By KTKArch
      (x11) When I open an object to fill (closed polyline etc) I have a standard list and the library option that takes me to Chief's library. It currently only shows that I have patterns of my own making in User Library. It also appears that I can no longer open 3rd party .pat files as I could in earlier versions. And finally, I cannot find a basic EARTH pattern in the defaults. So either I somehow purged some of the patterns or there isn't a default EARTH pattern. And how can I import my earlier .pat files? Not sure if this happened after installing x12 or if it is just this one file. Not using x11 but to finish out this project.
    • By WannabeDesign
      Working in Windows 10 on a surface pro laptop. All updates for Chief Architect Home Designer Architectural 2020 have been installed. 
      The library keeps freezing me out of my plan when I type a 2nd search in the search bar of the library browser. I can see the cursor out of the plan window but can't do anything but save and close the program to start again. This is very annoying having to start and close the program continuously. Are there any fixes for this?
    • By Renerabbitt
      POST 0

You've found it! A thread offering up some of my favorite symbols and content for Chief Architect X-11.
      These items are for X-11 only. If you haven't updated yet I encourage you to do so, it's a great release.
      The following content is listed by category with both a link to the post within this thread for easy navigation and a link to a direct download if you won't to cut straight to the chase. new/recent uploads are in RED font
      CLICK ON THE "DL" FOR INSTANT .CALIBZ DOWNLOAD:

CONSTRUCTION ASSEMBLIES/ARCHITECTURAL ITEMS:
      RABS 42 CABLE RAILING - DL    RABS MODERN FRONT DOOR AND DOOR ASSEMBLY - DL   RABS INTEGRATED SINK - DL NEW!!! 03/26/2020  
      ENTOURAGE:
      RABS CHARLES-HILL GROUPED LIVING ROOM - DL RABS CHELTON GROUPED LIVING ROOM - DL    ACCESSORY HOME #1 - DL ACCESSORY HOME #2 - DL ACCESSORY HOME #3 - DL  
      KITCHEN RELATED:
      3-ISLANDS - DL LA CORNUE 1908 RANGE - DL CAFE APPLIANCES, PAINTABLE(CORRECTED) - DL  
      LIGHTING:
      PENDANTS AND SCONCES - DL-1 - DL-2 - DL-3 - DL-4 RECESSED NC HALO 4 INCH LED WITH HOUSING - DL NEW!! 03-22-20  
      MATERIALS:
      TILE AND COUNTERTOPS #1 - DL 1(ONEDRIVE LINK) - DL-2 CUSTOM WHITES WITH PAINT TOOLBAR ICONS - DL-1 - DL-2 - DL-3 - DL-4 - DL-5 - DL-6 RABS RUGS 1V1 - DL          RABS STARTER KITCHEN MATERIALS PACK - DL         RABS FLOORING PACK 1 - DL            RABS OLD GOLDEN OAK FLOOR - DL     
      SYMBOLS:
      FIREPLACE ASSEMBLY 1 - DL     ACKLES BED AND EDISON TABLE LAMP - DL-1 - DL - 2 TEAPOT MATERIAL EDITOR REPLACEMENT - DL-1 - DL-2 FINMARK TABLE FROM CB2 - DL FIREPLACE MANTLES 1 AND 2 - DL    RABS STRETCHABLE PICTURE FRAMES - DL     

VIDEOS: 
      YouTube Channel  
      Many of these I have personally made or modified. Some of the content may have been created by others for which I will give credit. Many of the materials have free licensing, so no credit is needed. 
      Some of this content may slow down your program as I have a high powered machine and often times use complex and high resolution textures. I will try and give as much detail as possible. Use at your own peril!

No but seriously dig through and enjoy, I've spent a good number of hours ensuring the quality of these symbols and will update them periodically- so CHECK BACK IN! and PLEASE GIVE A LIKE FOR THE POST OF ANY SYMBOL YOU LIKE, IT ENCOURAGES ME TO GO BACK AND REFINE/REDUCE/OPTIMIZE THAT SYMBOL. GIVE A DOWNVOTE AND IT'LL PROBABLY ENCOURAGE ME TO DO THE SAME THING...YOU'LL JUST BE A JERK FOR IT

CHANGELOG:(PACIFIC TZ)
      Page 1:
        Post 0:
      02-12-2019- 4:45PM: Removed the poll, migrated this thread. re-uploaded from X11 public beta 02-20-2019-2:59PM: Added a Poll for user content requests 03-30-2020-6:49PM: Deleted Video Links and added link to YouTube Channel   Post 5:
      02-12-2019- 4:45PM: centered the hearth on the symbol   Post 18:
      02-12-2019-9:52PM: Posted and fixed DL links  

Here is a symbol to get you started:
      @Cheryl_C_Crane Think you requested this,

RUSTIC BRICK 2.calibz
      Number of Textures: 2
      Map size: 1024x1024
      Filesize: 3.13 MB

• By grizzdj
      Hello Friends- I am working on a distillery plan and was wondering if there was a catalog or CA source for distillery symbols like stills, fermenters, mashtuns, chillers, etc. 
      Thank You In Advance

Dan Johnson