Can I Load Hotkeys From a List or File

olyconstruction

Go to solution Solved by dshall,

Hi Chiefs, 

It looks like my personalized hotkeys got reset somehow. I have a list of them I printed up before they got erased. Is there a way I can retrieve them from the list or some other method I can use to get them back? Maybe they still exist in old plan files?

Please let me know if there is a quick solution to my problem or if I should just bite the bullet and enter all the hot keys again by hand.

Thanks so much!

That is the answer,   open an old plan file,  export the hot keys and then reimport to new plan.  Nice thinking.

I don't think that will work.

The hotkeys are not stored with the plan or the template plan.

They are not a Preference or a Default.

The are stored in the C:\Users\"MyName"\Documents\Chief Architect Premier X8 Data\Hotkeys folder.

Do you have files in that folder called UserHotkeys.xml and UserHotkeys.xsd?

If they were deleted, they may be in the recycle bin and you could restore them from there.

• Upvote 1

Thanks guys, 

Glenn, I have both those files in my Hotkeys folder, but do you know the procedure for loading them in? I seem to have forgotten which project it was I had this problem in, but id like to know when the time comes. Is it a drag and drop deal, or am I going to have to navigate through my options and find a place to load them from. Im guessing the later. If you could let me in on that, it would be monumental. 

Thanks for helping Mr. Hall, I bet you know how to answer my question about loading too!