Flat roofs no overhang?

Larry_Sweeney

I have a project that calls for a rubber membrane roof on part of the building. I was going to give this area a 1/4" pitch to the drains. In setting up my roof defaults I tried to make 0" overhang, but CA pops the 0" back to 1/4". I've never tried 0" overhang before and was wondering if it has always been this way? I know (or I think) I can always manually changed the overhand to 0" but why not be able to set the roof default to 0" overhang.?

Larry, I think you have to do it manually. I vaguely remember having this issue before. I assume Chief freaks out when there's no overhang. I also vaguely remember having to manually put a molding line up as the drip edge. 

If CA ever wants to get "into" light commercial they will have to figure out the "rubber roof department". Adding sloped rigid insulation sheets under the membrane and above the decking is a whole new ballgame for CA roofs. I guess for now with cross sections showing rubber roofs there will be a lot of cad work until (and if) CA figures this out.