Framing walls for an octagonal turret. Doing the wall junctions.

GeneDavis

I'd like to be able to get some wall framing close to what will happen when building.

An unheated and uninsulated RV barn has an octagonal turret feature for its man-door entry, and Chief made a mess of the wall framing when I did autoframe.  See the attached pic.

Studs, when selected in plan view, can be rotated, but there is no way to "make parallel" to anything, since the command is not there.  I want to pair studs at the wall junctions as the autoframing did at one of the corners, but am having trouble rotating studs to do so.  I select the stud, grab the rotation handle, start the move, hit TAB, and enter a rotation angle, but I am not getting it rotated right.

All I want to do is take a stud that in plan view is "upright" with its 5.5" vertical, rotated counterclockwise 22.5 degrees.  How do I do that?

post-55-0-05258700-1472674302_thumb.png

That, Joe, did not work.

I placed a point at the center of the turret in plan view.  Selected one of the two properly-oriented studs at the top right corner (I tried to select both but could not.)

Tried xform repl rotation two ways: absolute angle and relative angle.  Whatever it is doing in rotating the stud, it is not about a z-direction axis defined by the current point that I placed.

Gene,

I tried it and it didn't work either.  The rotation seems to be about the incorrect 3D point.  This has something to do with Framing Members and how they can be rotated.

The only option I can come up with is to create box solids or symbols to emulate the Studs and perform the copy/rotation of those.