Exterior stair landing

Don_Straub_Const

I am drawing exterior stairs to exit and they need to descend 1/2 the distance and change directions at a landing a u shaped. I used the stair tool and drew the 2 runs and the with the stair tool active clicked where the landing was to be built. what was built was an interior landing with no support But the landing needs to have the post and bean framing of a deck. I could not see how to accomplish this? I deleted the landing and drew a deck but it placed at the second floor and extended the lower portion of the stairs to the deck. Am I missing some easy way to do this?

stairs.pdf

meeting 1.plan

If the landing does not snap right to the edge of the stair it will not connect properly. There are a lot of variations of what could be happening and it is hard to surmise without viewing the plan file. Post your plan file and I am certain someone will be able to solve the problem.

The program will not automatically add any support structure for stair landings.

You can manually add your support structure using the framing tools.

Or you can create a deck for the landing.  If you create a deck, you will have to manually set the height that you want.  You may also have to drag your stair ends away and then back to make them connect to the deck.

post-26-0-90633400-1472061362_thumb.jpg