Idaho Users?

MissLisa

You can watch a lot of available video's  on Youtube and here at Chief's website. There are a lot of them to keep you busy for many weeks. There are also a lot of trainers here that can help you get started. You will always be learning, I still am.

Lisa:

Welcome to ChiefTalk.  Are you an X6 user with SSA?  It really helps to know what CA product you are using and it is recommended you put that information in your signature.

I agree with Perry ... lots of resources to learn from in addition to reading threads/posts here on ChiefTalk.  I don't know of any very active CA users' groups in Idaho but you could either check on the user's groups forum or call CA and see what you can find out.  I am located in north central ID near Kamiah.  Are you anywhere close to my location?  I don't have GoToMeeting or any of the other online meeting options but I will occasionally help someone out via the phone when I have time.

My goto sources of help are Tech Support and ChiefTalk .... TS if I am pressed for time and need a quick answer (and it is during CA's working hours) or ChiefTalk if I am not in much of a hurry or TS is off work (nights/weekends).  I still go to the CA training videos from time to time and to ChiefTutor's video archives as well.  Quite often, D. Scott Hall will post a video on YouTube (he'll usually provide a link on ChiefTalk when he does) that are very informative and helpful as well.  Others have provided some how to videos via ChiefTalk as well.

Please consider that most often your best help is helping yourself.  By that I mean putting forth a diligent effort to learn CA, whether that includes reading the manual, watching videos, trial and error, etc.  If you watch a video and learn something new, make sure you open a plan and try what you learned to make sure you are able to replicate the results.  Don't get hung up on doing manual roofs like I did when I first started using Chief (v7).  Just dive into the darn things and see what kind of results you get.  I wanted Chief to do roof for me automatically but eventually I ran into a design that required some manual editing and that is when I finally learned how to work on roofs manually.  WATCH the roof videos and practice.  Learn inside and out what the various roof settings are and how they can be used.  Chief's a super program that does TONS of stuff, but there is a learning curve to getting proficient with it so YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY YOUR DUES with an investment of your time in learning all the features.

Best of luck to you.  Give me a call at (208) 935-1521 if you're in a pinch and/or don't get quick results to your posts on ChiefTalk or if TS is off duty. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Lisa, feel free to call or email me if you need some help with a problem. There are several ways I could help you online. You are also welcome to join our User Group where we try to help and answer your questions. It's free. We meet once a month. Find me in the Houston User Group in this forum. We have really nice people and don't ever worry about how basic your question is. 

• 4 months later...

Hey there Lisa, I have been Using Chief Architect since about 1996 when I learned it in our High School Architecture Class, and in turn had to teach the class the basics... I am currently using the most recent Chief Architect X6. I am located in North Idaho. You can ask me anything, and I will do my best to help you out! Thanks!

Dustin

• 5 months later...