Custom Moulding Profile for a Pool Wall

Gorlock

I'm sure there may be a solution for this issue but I cannot wrap my head around it.

I do a good amount of pool designs and would like to make a moulding profile that consists of the coping, pool wall, tile line and an additional surface on the opposite side of the wall.

I am currently having to do multiple Copy>Paste in Place commands and then converting to moulding to make the profile below. This process become especially troublesome on freeform pools when the walls need to be adjusted.

Is there a way to make a moulding that a polyline can be converted into that contains multiple editable areas so I can change materials as needed (coping, tile, walls all different materials)?

Thanks for any help. I am new to Chief and while I love it, the learning curve is horrendous.  

Screen%20Shot%202016-08-13%20at%205.37.3

That is basically what I'm doing now to build the pools walls. I am more looking to create a moulding that contains 4 other moulding within it...I guess part of my problem is I don't even know how to say what I'm trying to do!

florida.jpg

I'd like to make a polyline perimeter of the pool, and convert to a moulding (or something similar) that has the coping, tile, pool wall, etc included. Currently my pool walls (as in the picture above) consist of 6 of the same polylines to allow different materials on each. Is this even possible?

Here is a thread on pool design I did in chief.  I went outside the box a little and created it with roads, terrain and molding poly lines.

I attached a plan file so you can see what I did.  See if any of this helps you

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?/topic/9078-drew-a-pool-in-chief/

Thanks. I actually found your post when I was searching (I've been lurking on this site for a couple years now).

It looks like your pool walls are built the same way that i've been doing mine. It seems like every time something seems frustrating and redundant, there is a simple fix to consolidate it....I just can't figure it out.

That is basically what I'm doing now to build the pools walls. I am more looking to create a moulding that contains 4 other moulding within it...I guess part of my problem is I don't even know how to say what I'm trying to do!

florida.jpg

I'd like to make a polyline perimeter of the pool, and convert to a moulding (or something similar) that has the coping, tile, pool wall, etc included. Currently my pool walls (as in the picture above) consist of 6 of the same polylines to allow different materials on each. Is this even possible?

Can I ask what you are using for water texture?

Material = Water (its a light blue color)

Bump Map Water 3 with the height multiplier set to 0.001

Oddly enough, the water in the ortho and perspective views is almost completely clear but after a raytrace it becomes very dark and almost opaque. This makes it impossible to see the contours inside the pool and I've found no way to resolve it.