Sign in to follow this  

I don't think there is but, I was wondering if there was a way to change the precision of angular dimensions?  For example, if (35.89456*) is displayed and user wants it to be in whole even degrees (76*).  It almost as if the angular dimension tool settings are lacking a little bit.

Like any of the dimensions you can manually enter a whole number...after all, if it isn't a whole number then it's actually the wrong value for your plan.

Johnny, That is true for new construction or at least it should be most of the time with some exceptions like if you want to specify how to cut an angle generated by a standard roof pitch to an accuracy of .5o so a contractor can set his saw without screwing around and making a calculation error not to mention non standard roof pitches and existing drawings where you have no control.  The last time I wanted to use an auto angle dimension I searched the Forum and found this: https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?/topic/3878-degrees-in-metric/  So there is a way to change the precision or number of decimal places.  It is just not possible for a software user it must be done by the software writers.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Bren0625
    Newest Member
    Bren0625

• By PrimeArch
      Hello guys

I have a problem with area calculation area. 

The room actual size is 3m x 3m ( 9 m2 )
      The wall must be center line. The problem is CA calculate outer side of the room. ( 9.92 m2 )
      How do i get a calculation by center line. ( 9 m2 )

• By ChiefuserMathews
      Hello, when I doing the auto interior dimension, why am i getting exterior dimensions as well?
    • By islandog
      When having multiple walls joining each other is the a way to align the distance off one room corner to another by dimension instead of dragging which is more difficult and time consuming and not as presise . I tried to alter offset of each room by clicking a wall and changing the dimension and it resizes the room
      Thx
    • By Lorenchief
      I'm trying to figure out why I can sometimes click on a dimension on screen and type in the new dimension and other times not find where to click. Am I missing something? I can't find any clear answer in the user guides. Trying to pull a line can be really tedious while simply typing in a number is a sure thing.
    • By gelbuilding
      Cannot dimension in section elevation views.
      The cursor goes weird on the elevation view trying to drag a dimension.