Kevinleite
Members-
Posts
12 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Everything posted by Kevinleite
-
Hi, I’m interested in this. I work in Chief Architect and can jump into an existing model without rebuilding the project from scratch. For this review I’d go through the 8-unit set floor by floor and check the drafting, dimensions, windows/doors, stairs, framing, TJI/LVL layout, attic mechanical rooms, and the vertical duct chase from the attic down to the mudroom. I’d also check for conflicts between the framing, ductwork, plumbing, stairs, and openings, then mark everything clearly before making the agreed corrections in Chief. I can provide the redlined PDF, corrected Chief file, and a short correction list. Zoom screen-share meetings are fine. Based on the scope, I’d allow roughly 20–30 hours total, depending on how clean the current Chief file is and how many corrections are needed. I can give you a tighter number once I review the current file and the City comments. Send me the Chief Architect file, submitted PDF set, and Norwalk correction comments. I can review them right away. Thanks.
-
Seeking Chief Architect Layout & CD Drafter (High-End Residential)
Kevinleite replied to KSRFTIPE's topic in Seeking Services
Hi, I’m interested in helping with this. I work in Chief Architect and am comfortable taking a completed model and turning it into a clean, coordinated construction document set. I can work directly from your template and standards, handle the layouts, dimensions, elevations, sections, details, cover sheet, notes, and keyed callouts, and keep the graphics consistent across the full set. Since the modeling and framing are already done, I can stay focused on the documentation and sheet production. I can send a few sample Chief Architect construction sets for you to review. Thanks. -
I’m looking for an architect or experienced designer for ongoing residential and light commercial projects. Must have: - U.S. permit drawing experience - Good knowledge of U.S. building codes and construction - Experience with additions, ADUs, remodels, new homes, and permit corrections Please PM me with your location, experience, availability, rate, and a few work samples. Thank you. Kevin
-
Need help visualize changes we are making
Kevinleite replied to micromysore's topic in Seeking Services
Hi Dan, Yes, this is in my wheelhouse. I work in Chief Architect and can pick up from your existing .plan file and help you continue making design changes while construction is underway. My process is pretty simple: you send the current Chief file along with your marked-up changes, photos, sketches, or notes. I update the model, send back views/renderings so you can review the changes, and then revise as needed. For items like doors, non-load-bearing walls, cabinetry, finishes, and colors, this usually works well on an hourly basis because the scope can change as decisions are made. Please send over the current .plan file and a short list of the first changes you want to work through, and I can take a look. Thanks. -
Hi Bob, I reviewed the photos, and I agree the entry is visually compressed - the existing porch beam and roof sit too close to the double doors and get lost between the two brick portions of the house. Lowering the entry floor, doors, and porch about 5½" should give us some room to improve the proportions. I’d study a few simple options that keep the existing 4:12 roof language, use some of the available 3'-7" forward projection, and avoid flat valleys or low-slope crickets. I’d keep it understated and consistent with the existing house rather than adding an oversized entry feature. I’m comfortable working from your Chief Architect X11 model. I can provide conceptual roof-plan views, front elevations/perspectives, and the key dimensions and roof relationships you’ll need to reproduce the selected concept in Chief. Send over the sanitized floor plan, roof plan, elevations, dimensions, photos, and X11 file. I can review everything and confirm the fee and turnaround. Thanks.
-
Custom Home Builder Looking for help.
Kevinleite replied to designsbydustin's topic in Seeking Services
Hi Dustin, I’m interested in working with MB Builders on an ongoing basis. I work in Chief Architect and can take projects through design development, redlines, permit-ready plans, and basic renderings while keeping the Chief files easy to pass back and forth with your team. I’m comfortable with custom residential work and can handle floor plans, elevations, sections, roof plans, construction details, schedules, and coordination with structural/engineering information as needed. The ongoing builder/designer relationship is what interests me most. I can send over a few sample residential permit sets and Chief Architect projects for you to review. I have availability to take on new work now. Thanks, 213 Seber Shores Rd 05062026.pdf -
Hi, I’ve done this type of small commercial MEP package and I can work with the Chief Architect set. Looking at your plan, it’s a pretty straightforward office layout with four offices, conference room, lobby, kitchenette and two half baths. With the plumbing grouped together, that part should stay fairly simple. For permit, I’d typically show the HVAC equipment and duct layout, supply/return locations, ventilation and exhaust; plumbing water, waste and vent routing with fixture connections; and coordinate the electrical you already have. I’d also check the restroom/accessibility requirements and make sure the MEP sheets coordinate with the architectural and structural set. The one thing I’d want to confirm first is the exact city/county. Alabama commercial code enforcement varies by jurisdiction, so I’d check what that AHJ is actually requiring before getting too far into the drawings. Send me the full Chief Architect/PDF set and the project location and I can review it and give you a fixed price. Thanks.
-
Hi I’m interested in supporting MSK Design Build with ongoing residential drafting. I have experience with Chief Architect, residential remodeling, additions, kitchens/baths, whole-home renovations, as-built documentation, and preparing accurate plans from field measurements, photos, and existing information. I can also provide DWG files when needed and coordinate revisions with multiple designers. I’m familiar with California residential construction, permitting, and existing-condition documentation, and I’m comfortable working across several active projects at once. I can work in Chief Architect CA 17. I’d be happy to send my resume and a few relevant residential drawing samples for review. Thanks,
-
Hi, I’m interested in the residential construction document position with Maker Design Studios. I have extensive experience preparing residential construction and permit drawing sets, including floor plans, elevations, sections, roof plans, foundation/framing coordination, construction details, and plan revisions. I’m proficient with Chief Architect and comfortable taking a residential project from design information and markups through a complete, coordinated construction document set. I work independently, stay organized, and can handle ongoing projects on a remote basis. I’m available for either part-time or full-time support depending on your workload. I’ve attached my resume and can also provide relevant residential drawing samples. Thanks,
-
Looking for someone to seal my plans.
Kevinleite replied to 203kinspector's topic in Seeking Services
Hi, I took a look through your sample set. I’m familiar with this type of Maryland residential addition work and I’m comfortable working with Chief Architect files. The set is pretty well developed, but I wouldn’t just stamp it as-is. I’d first go through the zoning/site information, energy requirements, framing, headers, foundation, connections and calculations, make whatever corrections are needed, and then seal the final set once I’m comfortable with it. Working in Chief Architect is fine, so there’s no need to convert everything just for me. I’m also available by phone when questions come up—that’s usually the easiest way to keep these projects moving. Send me one of your current projects and I can take a look and give you a per-project price. Thanks. -
Hi, I work in Chief Architect regularly and have a strong background in residential remodels, kitchens, baths, additions, and permit sets. I’m comfortable jumping into an established workflow, following your standards, and handling the drafting/modeling without a lot of back and forth. I can also help with cabinet layouts, interior elevations, sections, details, and revisions. Part-time remote contract work is a good fit for me, and I’m available to start right away. Thanks,
-
Commercial interior design drawings - Outsourcing
Kevinleite replied to AmyLyng's topic in Industry & Design Resources
Hi, I’m interested in helping with the clubhouse renovation. I’m comfortable working in Chief Architect and can prepare the design-intent set, including furniture layouts, millwork, reflected ceiling plans, and electrical/plumbing layouts. Send over the existing plans, photos, and your design direction, and I can review the scope and give you a turnaround and fee. Thanks.- 1 reply
-
- 2
-
