Stubborn Porch Light

Geyatautsilvsgi

Go to solution Solved by Geyatautsilvsgi,

Good afternoon.  I have a situation that I am hoping someone might help me solve. I am in progress on a plan and just happened to put a porch light/lantern outside the basement door. While it looks good on the plan it is in the wrong position. when I take an elevation shot. Instead of being by the basement door it is up on the next floor level on the exterior wall.

I have deleted and re-applied the light, changed the height to center, placed different types of lights but to no avail.  This stubborn porch light will not cooperate. I went through the CA help section on my computer, the CA help onine, other comment sections but not much on this particular problem. If any of you gents' have some suggestions, I am listening and your comments are appreciated. Thank you.

I appreicate you responding to quickly. Unfortunately, I have tried dragging it, copy & pasting, and the negative # option. None of which seems to work. Like I said it is a stubborn light. I have used CA for over 13± years and this is the first time this has happened. Thus my frustration. Thank you.

Are you on the basement level of the plan when you places the light.

If so and this is what you are getting, click on the light and hold down the ctl. key and move the light into the position you want. This should place the light in the correct position.

Have a great day,Ken

Ken, yes I am in the basement. Holding the ctrl key doesn't work, it just jumps right back up. Bruce, I am using X6, haven't switched to X7 yet. Had planned on upgrading afer this plan.It very well may be something small, some little thing I am overlooking. However, tomorrow is a new day and by the looks of the sky outside, I very welll may head to my own basement. :unsure: Thank you guys for your input. However, It has been a long day and I am going to call it quits for now.  I will give it a go tomorrow, unless I have a bulb go off during the night. Have a good evening.

Thanks.

I apologize for the delay in responding to your question. Apparently, the light was looking for the nearest "floor default" and since it couldn't tell where that was it jumped to the closest one.  The response from tech support was to go under the "edit menu" and go to the "wrench" aka default settings. Click on floor and set the new floor default for all the rooms. Once I did that it more or less corrected all the floorsettings for all the rooms.

Like I said, it had to be something simple that I missed.