Ongoing Electrical Switch / Outlet Issue

RobUSMC

Hopefully I can explain this clearly. This has been an issue for several versions as far back as I can remember. When placing switches on a wall and viewing them in camera view the switch and bounding box never line up with each other which makes it tricky to position them where i need them. I could see this with an imported symbol but these are core symbols. Also like in the attached photo, there are two separate 2 gang switch boxes and when I attempt to move them into the correct location and get 6-8" from each other they will snap together and create a single 4 gang box. The same thing happens with outlets and like the switches they will actually overlap and sit on top of each other.  Is this a snap issue where they merge together?  I wouldn't think a snap issue would not make the symbol and it's bounding box offset from each other.   These are currently in X7

Thanks as always

Rob

post-180-0-86037400-1461068007_thumb.jpg

post-180-0-17445900-1461068023_thumb.jpg

post-180-0-10806900-1461068035_thumb.jpg

post-180-0-53374400-1461068048_thumb.jpg

post-180-0-54198100-1461068059_thumb.jpg

post-180-0-78217300-1461068070_thumb.jpg

It seems CA always assumes a multi-gang electrical box when placed close to each other. One solution: Drop or Raise the height of one of the outlets/switches by 1/16". (one switch 48" from floor and the other 47 15/16" from floor) They then should be able to be placed close together without they "auto gang box." Not a perfect solution but it works.

Switches and outlets have those special behaviors to more accurately represent proper and common "ganging" among other things.  You can do as Joe suggested or you can override those behaviors entirely by unchecking "Switch" or "Outlet" in the Options tab of the Symbol Specification DBX.

I normally would not design the seperate boxes but in this case these are switches were not touching and I like to get my rendering as close as possible to what they have.  Any idea about the bounding box offset?

That bounding box offset is a result of the special behaviors I mentioned.  If you want to fix the offset, either do as I suggested by unchecking "Switch" or "Outlet" OR by just dragging the outlet or switch over to where it is actually the correct distance from the other ganged item...2" I believe it is.