DWG import scaling

SkagitDesign

Go to solution Solved by SkagitDesign,

Hi.

I am trying to import this dwg file into a plot plan, but the scale is wrong.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong and how to get it to come into scale?  I'm importing it into a CAD detail into my plan file with the intent to send it to layout.

Thanks

If the dwg file was shared with you from "Paper Space" (similar to Chief's layout, scaled down to fit a specific paper size), then you have some work to do. Probably the easiest way to handle this would be to ask the AutoCAD creator to give you a copy of the "Model Space" views which are at a scale of 1' = 1' thus making your job easier.

If you do not know the AutoCAD person you will just have to try reimporting the dwg using different scales or use Transform-Replicate to "resize" the drawing until it scales out properly in Chief (I have done all of the above in the past, so I know it can be done)

DJP

Hopefully you got a properly scaled .dwg file. Generally when I import I guess wrong as to whether to import in feet or inches depending on how they draw. I generally import in inches and find that I should have chosen feet. Actually, I think it is every time and I just don't learn well from past mistakes. After importing and finding this out, I grab everything and then just resize by 12.