ECIDesigner

How to add flooring borders

Can someone share with me how to add a border to flooring? I would like to also  know how to add a double border if possible. So this would give me 3 flooring materials in one room. Any suggestions on how to completed this is appreciated!!! TIA!

think "floor material region" tool

think "floor material region" tool

Yep.  One quick method to get you started...

Select room, Make Room Polyline, hold down C and use one of the corner edit handles to resize, and then Convert Polyline to Material Region.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ChiefJeet
    Newest Member
    ChiefJeet

• By LeeDrafter
      Hello,
      I need to calculate room square footages to give to our supplier to order flooring. I noticed when room areas are displayed along with the room labels, it is not calculated to the interior of the walls. Walls seem to be included, and some rooms seem to be different than others on how the calculation is done. Is there a way to adjust how these room calculations are done? Or do you have other advice on how to get this information for flooring square footages? The only options I have come up with so far are drawing a bunch of polylines in all the rooms or doing the math with the dimensions, and I was hoping for something easier. 

Thank you
      Lee- X12
    • By stevenyhof
      I ran into this once before. I am setting my room types for each space, but the floors are not updating. The garage did.
      The Master has carpet, the tile shower has tile, etc.
      Any ideas of what I am missing?
      Thank you,
      Steve
      MPI1825 Bill and Sharon Kirkwood.plan
    • By Janeldesigner
      I am trying to figure out how much wood floor to order for a job.  When i go to the materials list - the wood flooring category calculates the space by "ft" not Sq.Ft. which is not accurate.  So how do i change the calcualtion to be done as sq.ft. and not ft?

• By ericepv
      I'm looking for a high quality image of Zebrawood flooring.
    • By craboulas
      Hi guys,

I was trying to get quantities of flooring materials with the materials list (wood, tile, etc) and noticed that CA is just giving me total areas. Shouldn't it be taking out area of the footprint of cabinets, tubs, etc?

Is there anyway to accomplish this without having to spend a bunch of time with floor material areas?