Annotated text and dimensions

nick66

Go to solution Solved by Joe_Carrick,

Is there a way to set your text and dimension height to annotate? so no matter what scale your printing at your printed text height and dimension height stays the same. I've worked with AutoCAD quite a bit and that's a nice feature it has

Nick66,

I get what your saying as it would be nice to not have to deal with annosets and have annotations automatically change with the scale sent to layout. I see a lot of requests on how we would like Chief to perform like other Architectural software with out realizing what we are asking could be proprietary/patent software programing of those companies or a programing nightmare. Don't get me wrong it should not discourage people for asking such requests, I was just giving an example of why Chief Architect does not implement some of our requests. You may want to move this request and further requests to "suggestions".

When I first started using Chief, annosets where very confusing but Scott Halls video "Annosets for Dummies" clarified the use of annosets. Wendy did a video series on annosets recently which you will find very helpful.

Sorry, I could not get the link to stick for Scott's videos. Do a search on youtube for annosets for dummies.

Wendy's video.

Thanks for posting the information and the videos on the annosets that clarified things a ton. I went in and set up my own annosets that referenced my layer sets and created my own text scale for the scale I was looking to print at. I was humbled quite a bit by the video Annosets for dummies. Lol

Thanks again guys