Framing. Ceiling Joists not displayed in Wall Elevation view

adventhomes

Go to solution Solved by dshall,

We are using ceiling joists to create the framework for some custom bunk beds and these are visible in every type of view (plan, 3D floor camera, perspective framing overview, cross section elevation) except for the wall elevation view which is odd as even flipping the display checkbox for "Framing, Ceiling Joists" to on in the active layer display options for the wall elevation view does not work ... whereas it works in all other types of view as one would expect.  Is this some obscure feature of wall elevation views or perhaps a bug that you can't see framing details in a wall elevation view?

We are using ceiling joists to create the framework for some custom bunk beds and these are visible in every type of view (plan, 3D floor camera, perspective framing overview, cross section elevation) except for the wall elevation view which is odd as even flipping the display checkbox for "Framing, Ceiling Joists" to on in the active layer display options for the wall elevation view does not work ... whereas it works in all other types of view as one would expect.  Is this some obscure feature of wall elevation views or perhaps a bug that you can't see framing details in a wall elevation view?

I sure wish you would post this plan so we can review this.  Either you are doing something wrong or there is a bug.  Let's find out what the problem is,  please post the plan,  it will benefit all of us.

Here is the plan file as well as a 3D view showing the framework of the bunks (ceiling joists used) and the wall elevation view with same elements turned on but for some odd reason still not visible.

i can confirm your results. I cannot see the ceiling joists in wall elevation either.  I rarely if ever use the wall elevation camera.  I wonder if this is inherent to the wall elevation camera......  not being able to see the framing.....  interesting.

Thanks ... the psolids appear OK in the wall elevation view (we started using those for the bunk hand-rails). Our fix has been to abandon the wall elevation view and use the cross section/elevation view instead and then just zoom in to the one room we are interested in.  I guess it will work ok, but interesting that no matter what you do it ignores the active layer settings in the wall elevation view for the ceiling joists.  Mental note for future reference I guess.

Thanks again.

• Solution

.....Our fix has been to abandon the wall elevation view and use the cross section/elevation view instead and then just zoom in to the one room we are interested in. .....  OR USE A MASK TO BLOCK OUT WHAT YOU DO NOT WANT TO SEE

• Upvote 1